ComputerCraft

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Harv, 2 Oct 2012.

1. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Anyone into ComputerCraft? It uses the LUA language to perform all kinds of wizardry in Tekkit, for example controlling turtles.

http://www.computercraft.info

They have Wiki and nice Forums with helpful guys.

If you like to tinker with this beast, post your recipes or questions here. I guess. :D

2. There are a few problems with ComputerCraft on MC servers :P

It takes a lot of computation power (no pun intended) to run it, and you can easily intercept one guys computer if you know your way around the mod.
    But it's pretty funny. I've made some funny programs with the Mining Turtles. Made them dance :D

3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

The only thing I've used it for is to password protect a door (and if you give the wrong password, you fall in a pit of lava and die of course :P). That, and as a timer to give power to redstone pipes every second or so.

4. You realize there are Red Stone Timers right?
    They are in the RedPower 2 Mod I believe. A lot easier and safer than ComputerCraft.

5. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Oh, yes, but I had a machine that automatically generated PC's, and crafting a Timer is such a hassle. So I had (have, actually, on the GM Tekkit server) miles and miles of redstone cables going from that PC all over the place to 'burst-power' my contraptions. :P

6. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Well I haven't dug too deep yet, so I can't say I know the flaws of the mod, currently I'm familiarizing with LUA itself. As for redstone vs CC it's always hands down redstone.

7. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

True, both for easiness and for server strain, but meh. :P

8. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Redstone timers go mad when time is sped up or slowed down, so aren't always reliable.

I have computercraft controlling both my elevator and 'factory' (put items in and it will send them to whichever machine you want, automatically sorting out any items that would clog up the system, also has a few other functions). Both of my programs though, just involve turning on and off different insulated redwire colours. In the case of the elevator, each colour corresponds to a wireless redstone transmitter, which is then connected to one or more frame motors to move the elevator, bridge and sliding doors. The factory's redwire is connected to a bunch of redstone timers which power a bunch of filters. By default (or when switched off, the program, not the computer) power is transmitted to all of the timers, stopping them from moving. When a particular machine is to be used, the relevant redwire colours are switched off.

Also, if anyone wants their computercraft programs from the tekkit server in a copy/paste-able form, type ID into your computer and pm me the ID.

9. Well, why not Arduino?
    http://www.arduino.cc/

You are wasting your time in MC ;P

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

Whiile I was on the Tekkit server I had a bunch of mining turtles take care of my tree farm by cutting down and replanting one tree each. That's about as far as I went with the ComputerCraft side of things but I liked how much could be accomplished.

11. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Friend of mine bought one of them to remotly reboot his home server.

12. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

G.....T.....F.....O....

13. Why take logical building skills like that and just keep not using them for something practical?
    No need to get pissy ;P

14. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Same reason as to why I spent a lot of times modding various games, in the end nearly never playing it, because I wanted to mod it, and mod it some more:

Fun!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computercraft games

2. computercraft programs

3. computercraft sorting system

4. computercraft turtle elevator,
  5. computercraft wireless transmitter,
  6. computercraft tree farm,
  7. computercraft redstone timer,
  8. computercraft redpower wireless transmitter,
  9. computer craft programs copy paste,
  10. turtle elevator computercraft