Music in maps?

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by El Zilcho, 20 Aug 2010.

1. Music in maps?

[STRIKE]
    Does anyone know any of the names of the songs used in the various prophunt maps? The mapmakers always pick excellent music, but I don't recognise any of them :confused:
    Thank you :D
    [/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]This here is the full list of all the songs featured on Prophunt maps so far - If the map isn't listed here it probably has no music on it.[/STRIKE]
    Here are some Prop Hunt tunes - it seems I haven't played *all* of the maps yet, but I shall update it when I do. :)

Basalt - ("Big Bar Fight" - Firefly); ("Ken's Theme" - Street Fighter)
    Canyon - ("Hyrule Castle stage" - Super Smash Bros. Melée); ("King K Rool's theme" - DK Country)
    Cargo - ("Treasure Trove Cove" - Banjo-Kazooie)
    Cliffface - ("Goldfinger" - Shirley Bassey); ("The Pink Panther Theme" - The Pink Panther); ("Boss Boom Box" - Banjo-Kazooie)
    Concord - ("I'm On A Boat" - The Lonely Island)
    Cyberpunk - ("No More Heroes main theme" - No More Heroes); ("Only My Railgun (instrumental)" - fripSide); ("Kaerimichi (instrumental)" - Bakemonogatari)
    Goldtooth - ("Jack Battle" - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D); ("Tank!" - Cowboy Bebop)
    Grasslands - ("Termina Field" - TLoZ: Majora's Mask)
    Northural - ("Stickerbrush Symphony" - Donkey Kong Country 2)
    Oasis - ("Gerudo Valley" - TLoZ: Ocarina of Time)
    Otherside - ("Intro" - Streets of Rage)
    Spooky Harvest - ("Tumblar's Ouija Board" - Banjo-Kazooie)
    Spooky Ravine - ("Klungo: Minion with a Mission" - Banjo-Kazooie); ("Mad Monster Mansion (interior)" - Banjo-Kazooie)
    Timbertown - ("Click Clock Woods (Spring)" - Banjo-Kazooie)

Although I know all these songs now, I still don't know where all the music buttons are in the maps :P

2. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

A fair amount of maps (Timbertown, Goldtooth, Spooky Ravine and Cliffface are 4 that come to my head) use music from Banjo Kazooie. I'm sure you'd find the ones used in the maps with a little searching.

Cliffface also features the songs Goldfinger and The Pink Panther Theme in addition to the Banjo Kazooie one.

3. I suppose it would make sense - the music has that Banjo Kazooie feel to it (though I have never played it), but Goldtooth? Really? If it's the map I'm thinking of, the music doesn't seem to be fitting with the image of Banjo Kazooie haha (maybe I am thinking of the wrong map).
    Thanks a lot :)

Oh, I just remembered that Oasis and...uh...grasslands(?) use LoZ music :)

4. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

:awsmchord:

5. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Spooky Ravine uses the song "Klungo with a Mission" and another Banjo Kazooie/Tooie song.

6. Is there any way I can check the map files to see the song names?

7. Banjo Kazooie was one of the best games ever. I loved the N64

8. You can decompile the maps with Vmex, then open u the vmf in hammer and find the music button.
    Look at its properties and it'll say the name of the song file used.

It won't have the exact artist and title of the song used, but it'll probably tell you enough to find out what it is.
    For example: stickerbrush.mp3 in northural =

9. So I decompiled cyberpunk, but the songs are called song1.mp3, song2.mp3, etc. XD

10. Geit Coding wizard!

Try PakRat, or PackBSP - You can just get the music out directly that way.

11. Thanks a lot :D
    Just what I needed.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tf2 cyberpunk music

2. prophunt music buttons

3. prophunt music

4. tf2 prophunt music,
  5. prop hunt music buttons,
  6. prop hunt music list,
  7. cyberpunk tf2 music,
  8. prop hunt music,
  9. tf2 prophunt music switches,
  10. prop hunt taunt song