PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Yes but no-one out of the current "recommendations" would make either a responsible or suitable admin. And DSock is there if other admins are actually on the GM servers, if they're not use steam pm's, this has been discussed before, yet people whine and moan about non-responsive admins but never pm them. I know my input effectively means nothing, especially to Dark, but I'd like to prevent another admin disaster having been part of the last one.

2. MrMike This is my face when you talk

So wait your idea to solve the admin situation is to make it so that the people who are on most of the time, people who build up time in the servers should get admin....just because they're regulars....The fuck is this shit?
    Do you really expect these regulars to just go "Ohh I'm an admin now, I'm going to be good and only use my powers when needed." because if you do then you're sorely mistaken.
    Back when I first got given admin powers what did I do? I abused the shit out of it for a good few weeks, and I know I wasn't the only one who did.
    Giving the regulars admin rights is NOT going to help much at all, if the regulars want to try for a position then they can get off their lazy asses AND APPLY FOR IT, they should NOT just be given it because people are to lazy to use the tools that are given to them.
    GM has quite a few admins now, admittedly not all of them are active (hence why I finally decided to leave due to inactivity) but the ones who are still around and active WILL help if asked.

My stance remains on that GM does not need any more admins of any kind. If you have a problem check Darkisock to see if there is any admins online if there are not, check your friends list for them and if worst comes to worse and you don't have a single admin as a friend ask if someone knows an admin and if they could tell them that the server needs help.

3. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Canyon as ghosts with very low gravity, fucking crazy times.

4. I play on prophunt very much and would like to be an admin to help out as much as i can.
    With the long game time on prophunt i know the rules and so on.

5. Of all the recommended, i would go with Jenkin. But i am still against the idea of the regulars getting admin.

6. I was more thinking about Prophunt admin.
    As that is the server i play most on, I dont think we need more server admins anyways.

7. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

:frog:

8. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

THATS WHY I SAID THAT YOU HAVE TO ADD THE ADMINS ON THE STEAM FRIENDS AND PM THEM..
    There's atleast 10 admins active every day .. im sure one of them will take his time.
    Before you came along , before along time , before i was ranked number one , i played the most prophunt on our servers , and i constantly whined to the admins to ban the fucking mic spamming russians .. and guess what IT WORKED.

9. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Can I nominate myself for admin? I'm an active forum member and Prop Hunt player(Excluding these few busy weeks). Additionally, I can keep an eye on later-time players because of my Western Time Zone while the the British and Eastern USA admins are offline. I can be pretty useful, seeing how there's a 7-8 hour difference in our times.

+ I've never been banned, never broken the rules and have never been reported doing so in-game. My record's clean. I also know the tolerable rules and intolerable ones.

+ Goat's got something against me...

10. box Banned

This is why I nominated a reliable and regular player in the PH server. My suggestion was not to knight every unknown that will swing by the server several times a week.

Weren't you a regular at the time you got your admin? (Answer: yes)

Edit: I speak gud grammerss

11. I remember a time, when little Meh was active on the prophunt server and was constantly complaining about people doing stuff, they aren't supposed to do. There weren't many admins around at that time, so Meh was given admin rights, because he was the guy, which was screaming the most and the loudest among the people who were complaining about stuff happening on the server.

And now it is the same situation. Only difference? Other people are complaining.

Stop being a hypocrite Meh.

12. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Actually, if you must know, Meh applied for Admin Rights.

He didn't just scream and kick and yell like you're making it out to seem.

He presented the situation, offered a solution, and allowed the Staff to vote on it. We discussed it, cast a vote, and decided to give Meh admin rights.

The main difference here? Meh came to us as an individual and asked how he could help.

13. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

please be joke for your sake.

14. I didn't kick and whine and yell. Everytime something happend, i contacted uncensored, mole and rahka.

15. Geit Coding wizard!

Just pushed out an emergency patch for GM servers, 1.8 will be coming later today with any luck. - These changes will take effect upon the next map change, unless otherwise noted.
    • Banned the Machina Sniper Rifle.
    • The Original Rocket Launcher has been nerfed to the same level as other rocket launchers
    • The Reserve shooter has been moved into the next damage tier - it now only does 75% of typical damage.
    • Removed ph_cyperpunk from rotation, may require server restart.

16. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

You missed out ph_maze

17. Geit Coding wizard!

Just reposting the stuff that needs to be done for 1.8 - I'll update this post as they are done:

• Reworked camera system allowing for players (scouts) to maintain their weapons (but not fire them!) and any bonuses inherited from them. - This proved to be impossible, will continue trying to work on it however.
    • Global prophunt config file to prevent the need for recompiling when updates are released. - Half done.
    • Dumb-proofing: Adding messages for weapons removals, preventing people from having no weapons, etcetera
    • Ability for class restrictions to be changed on the fly, this may be used for randomised rounds in the future.
    • Generic code cleanup. - The above changes should save around 400 lines of repeated code.

18. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  19. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

I think it should be banned, it does mini-crits if the target is in mid-air, which is very common in prophunt.

20. Geit Coding wizard!

I have the source to it, I'll probably fix it soon enough.

*Soon may be never, I am a goat, I don't even know how to computer.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)