Steam Powered Giraffe

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sir Rahka, 3 Aug 2012.

1. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

No idea if a thread about this particular Steampunk band of Automatons and Entertainers has been posted already or not but here we go.

What is, Steam Powered Giraffe?

Well my dear Sir/Madam/Child/Dog/Cat/Parrot/Toaster. Let me enlighten you.

[​IMG]

Steam Powered Giraffe is without a doubt one of the rising stars in the Steampunk circles. Six members, three lead singers who also play a multitude of different instruments along with two human companions, a drummer/basist/so on and so forth player and a so called "one man band" (seriously, Michael Reed is insane in terms of different instruments he can play). They also have their very own tech-savvy sound engineer.

The three lead singers are named Rabbit, The Spine, and The Jon (Pictured above). They are what we know as automatons. (No they are not people in makeup stop saying that, shame on you for ruining the magic!) Built around 1896 or so when men dressed like Mr Peanut and when it was illegal for women to read and write. Originally designed as warmachines that were sent to Africa to battle giant Copper Plated Elephants that run with so called green matter (that in fact was somesort of ectoplasmic extract), with the help of a very tall Steam Powered Giraffe what smokes.

Story of ze three automatons in the form of a most splendid song.

After the war they took part in all sorts of things from even more wars (Vietnam, what not) to advertising crystal Pepsi, before they settled down in the family manor of the Walters who had originally created them. They started to play in the San Diego Balboa Park and gained rapid success. Eventually, as their fanbase and popularity grew, they even got the chance to play at the world famous San Diego Zoo, where they are performing even during this very summer.

So far Steam Powered Giraffe has been seen in a multitude of events across the West Coast and other places, and they are currently planning on arriving to the East Coast. Even to Estonia next year!

In all seriousness though, Steam Powered Giraffe is just. Amazing. They have made three albums so far and are planning a proper third one (seeing as the second one was just the songs and some acting taken from their DVD. Did I mention the DVD? I'll mention it now). They also made their very own DVD which is called: The Quest for the Eternal Harp of Golden dreams. Available through their website or through a variety of movie rental options (for PC, Mac, Linux, PS3, Xbox. Warning: Rented digital DVD does not include special features).

If I did manage to get you interested, dear reader, then do hurry hurry over to their website. You can purchase their albums and other splendid merhcandise from there along with listening to some of their fine tunes, absolutely free of charge! (Through the nifty little thingie on their frontpage).

Have one more song.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

what the fucking fuck.

3. My only comment on this is "quack".

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam powered giraffe gif

2. steam powered giraffe

3. steam powered giraffe the spine

4. steam powered giraffe gifs,
  5. the spine steam powered giraffe,
  6. Steam powered giraffe rabbit,
  7. rabbit steam powered giraffe gif,
  8. steam powered giraffe jon,
  9. steampunk parrot meme,
  10. steampunk giraffe