Tekkit with Factions/Towny

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Squirrel, 22 Apr 2012.

1. I think it will be a great idea to allow Factions/Towny on the Tekkit server!

Reason #1 : Land claiming, No Admins needed to protect buildings/cities
    Reason #2 : Bigger amount of people working together
    Reason #3 : It is just fun!

Please consider this!

2. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Would this not lead to people protecting mass areas?

Forgive me if I'm being retarded, I don't know what the mods do completely or how they work, just wondering.

Seems like people would be able to abuse it easily and let's be honest, if there is something to be abused, someone will do it.

3. With Towny only Mayors can Claim land and i believe there is a max of claiming land! My suggestion is : Make a Forum Section for People to apply for Mayor! So that the staff can regulate who is mayor and who isn't

EDIT :
    Your not retarded, i would ask the same question ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Ahh I see.

Seems like a good idea then, just give our moderators or clan members mayor and then they can help people out with protection :)

5. Well the whole idea behind Towny is that people can start towns with friends, and by only giving the staff Mayor it will become less fun, People want to be with their friends and build stuff! And if i read your sentence correctly you want to do the same as you guys are doing now with WorldGuard? Or am i wrong on this one?

6. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Is that not what Towney does? Protection?

Or am I mistaken?

7. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...ion-hierarchy-grid-based-protection-531.3358/
    I just saw that it is getting outdated/Inactive you might want to check out Factions :
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...d-user-controlled-antigrief-1-2-4-r1-0.19063/

Short summary of what Factions does :
    They allow people to make groups, In the form of a Town/Guild/Faction whatever you want to call it.
    When someone makes a group (with /f create "name") , they have to assign a name to it. E.G. Riverwarriors.
    Okay, we have a "Leader" now, When the Leader speaks in the global chat He/She will have two * infront of their name e.g. : **RiverWarriors Squirrel
    Now when this is done, the leader can assign a Description to His/hers Faction using /f desc "description".
    After doing this you can start adding people to your Faction, your also allowed to make them "Moderators" in the faction, they have the right to allow people in etc.

You can also claim land with Factions with /f claim, When doing this you "claim" the chunk that you're currently in.
    If you've claimed land and a hostile faction comes near, they can't break your blocks! If they want to break your blocks to have to "claim" your land, You can only claim someone elses land if your "power" is greater than your enemies "power".
    If you don't have enough power, you fail at "claiming" that piece of land.

I believe it is possible to disable Hostile Factions Claiming your land, but im not sure.

Hope it helped! And if it isnt clear just ask! :D

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Seems like a good idea, but this would encourage PVP and I don't think that is what the majority of people on the Tekkit server are after.

Maybe in the next map, it's a good idea.

9. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Damn, that sounds awesome. And damn, I want Minecraft. :P

EDIT: Dan, to me, it seems as if this guarantees like-minded people can build up their lands in peace; safe from hostile people or such.

10. Buy it! It's only.... 15 euros now?
    There are a ton of functions in the config file! You can twitch and tweak almost everything! (maybe even in such a way to discourage PVP)

Off-Topic : If you need someone for PVP, Ask me... I've +1 Year of experience on a Hardcore Survival PVP Server that is quite popular :P (Without Land claiming, 100% grief almost no rules)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Seems like a good idea then. Maybe Zet can look into it when he has time.

12. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

mmm seems like a good idea just a pain in the arse for who ever installs it to work correctly alongside tekkit and the new blocks/machines
    however only trusted players/members/admins should be mayors (to stop griefing)

i like the idea we thought of in a random mumble conversation to make a 'national grid' minecraft version haha XD

13. I believe it isn't so hard too set-up at all! Might take a hour or so but not more! I definitly recommend installing one of these plugins ASAP! (I want to make a town :roll:)

EDIT:
    -----------------IMPORTANT-----------------
    I've just noticed that Towny is being continued by another Dev!
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...nd-and-town-management-2126-1-2-5-r1-0.25101/
    And full explanation about Towny is on :
    http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tekkit towny server

2. towny tekkit server

3. tekkit servers towny

4. tekkit towny servers,
  5. tekkit servers,
  6. tekkit servers with factions,
  7. tekkit servers with towny,
  8. tekkit claim land,
  9. minecraft tekkit servers,
  10. tekkit server factions