£700 spending moneh! /spoilt

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cookiecaster, 4 Sep 2009.

1. Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

I have to disagree here. When it comes down to buying desktops for work (not gaming specs tho) Dell gives better price than getting components and assembling pc myself. It only applies to pcs that are not gaming specced tho. The reason for that, I belive, is Dell's buying power (millions of components). On the other hand Dell's monitors as an extra (for server hardware for example) if not included in price are utterly overpriced

2. Poxie Ray-Banned

Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

I'm not sure about that either. Assembling a PC made from your own parts at the same or better spec will often cost less than that of a pre-built one, including a monitor of the same spec.

3. Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

+1 to that

Dell servers and workstations are pretty decent :)

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

I still disagree to both of you..

I never find Dell any good, every single time you can buy the same PC with the same specs from somewhere else, and.. ooh 98% cheaper.

I do accept the fact that sometimes Dell are cheaper, during good promotions.

On topic:

[​IMG]

Here is a build I have devised.

Processor is 3 cores, but it may be possibile to unlock the 4th one, turning it into a quad core.

It doesn't really matter though, a triple core is more than enough to run what you want to run.

The resolution on the 22" is 1920x1080 (Rather than 1680x1050) so yeahhh :dance:

The 4890 can run that fine just fine anyways.

All of this is from www.hardwareversand.de, just search for all of the above, and it will be built automatically for you (Rechner - Zus thing is the building) :)

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  5. Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

4890 is an epic card but best off getting stuff from an english site (rather than irish), www.ebyer.com is one of the best and the cheapest.

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

hardwareversand is not irish, it is german, and it serves all of europe at a good price. I do understand that it would be better if you lived in a euro based country because of exchange rate, but this works just fine.

@Dark

1. Too expensive (For cookie)
    2. Bad graphics card, mine is better.
    3. i7 is overkill for what cookie needs (Just for gaming)
    4. Stock case looks shit..

7. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

FYI i can afford what dark said, i have a spare monitor but its kinda small ;p

8. Gaw discord is my friend now

b-b-b-but MINE IS FINE :(

Seriously cookie.. You can of course go with one with better specs... But you do not need it at all. My machine will run your games just fine, perfectly, at all high settings @ My monitor. There's no reason to justify more money, when this is fine.

9. Longbow Victorique <3

Get a better computer now and it will run new games in the future well too.

10. Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

And get a better computer now, and have more space to upgrade later. Assuming spending more includes a better motherboard.

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

First thing: Spend all your money for a good PC now, and get a new monitor laters (christmas ?), so you can get a fast machine now that should run all new games that come out the next 2-3 years.

Second: Mhhh .... if he would live in germany (his total ammount of money, £720 = 825€) i'd just say, buy one of these, if you dont want to build them on your own (which is not so complicated at all and much less expansive than anything else) :

http://www.xmx-shop.de/shop/product...=3236?osCsid=b7fb98c3d1be85bb41f3b28714eec028

- 749 € (£653)
    - AMD Phenom II X4 940 OC @ 3,6 Ghz
    - 4 GB RAM
    - Gigabyte MoBo /AMD 740G
    - HD4870/1GB (you can configurate other Gfx, like an GTX260 for + 35€)
    - 2x 750 GB HDD
    - 550W Be Quiet! PSU
    - Xigmatek Case

- No OS (you order the OS you want there, Vista HP x64 for example: + 80€ /£69)

Unluckily, you live in the UK, so i dont know any shops in your near, that offer fully configurable custom PCs :/

I still say: Ask a Nerd friend in RL (everyone has one !!!! ^^) to build your stuff together and just order the components, you'll get definitely more for your money.

12. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

BUDGET HAZ INCREASED TO "1,399,99" SO FU U ALL \O/ i just decided to get this;

Attached Files:

13. Fromage "The Cheese"

Why buy pre-gen CPU/ram?

You're such a failcake on this cookie! Go for a core i7 with that budget, anything else would be stupid :)

Erik

14. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

wat

15. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

ilike to be original

16. Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

I read a review where they compared ddr2-800 with ddr3-something (with an i7) and the difference in terms of FPS was about 5.

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

[​IMG]

Erik

18. Fromage "The Cheese"

Yes but it will become better, and buy a pre-gen mobo would be pretty stupid. He could even get a core i5 since it might be even more affordable than the i7. Buy something that is old with that budget makes no sense.

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamingmasters.org server hardware