M4:

Magazine: 25 > 30

Carbine:

Magazine: 20 > 30
    Fire Rate: Slight increase.

Mac 10:

Damage: Slight increase.

Some points of note:

One: I am increasing the magazine to both assault rifles to 30 to be on par with other automatic weapons. This is for two main reasons: first off, balancing automatic weapons while also taking their mag size into account was a right pain in the ass, and having a consistent magazine size means an automatic weapons' particular strengths and weaknesses are more easily identified and worked around.

Second of all, throughout all this balancing it's become extremely obvious (thanks to useful feedback from @Mister Spuds, @dukeofcrumpet, @LewyJudge12 and @Hooch) that shotguns are (finally) in a balanced state, however while they still outperform everything close range (as they should), they still have the advantage in prolonged firefights. Having a larger magazine size on these assault rifles -should- make it so missing a few shots versus a shotgun isn't so incredibly punishing.

Two: I think I can safely say that the Carbine's role as THE long range automatic weapon is well established. However it's very obvious that even though it's not supposed to be as good as a medium-range weapon as the M4, it still falls way too far behind it that I'd like it to for an assault rifle. Therefore, I'm slightly increasing its fire rate. I will be keeping a very close eye on this to make sure it doesn't out DPS the M4 close range and make it obsolete.

Three: It appears that amidst all these changes, the Mac 10 has apparently fallen behind, even though I initially gave it a damage boost of 2 damage/bullet. Just like the Carbine was a slightly underpowered love child of the rifle and m4, the same can be said for the Mac 10 and the Tec9/M4. People pick the Tec9 for close range, and the M4 for medium. Therefore, I'm slightly increasing this damage on it to make sure that it remains a powerful weapon in the 10m-20m range, while Tec9 stays ideal at 0-10m and M4 at 20-30m.

Four: The Striker seems to be in a good spot now, it has more DPS than the Shotgun but a lower range, and I feel it's in a good spot now. If you have any feedback regarding it still, please let me know.

Five: This is the last time I'm directly buffing weapons. There has been a slight power-creep in weapons (as indicated by the Mac 10 being considered UP even after being buffed by 2 damage). I'm not worried about the average power level of guns going up a bit - it's allowed for the knife to be a one-hit kill again without being OP as fuck, and has allowed a wider diversity of stronger traitor weapons. However, the Tec9 is the fastest I ever want a gun to kill someone, anything faster than that (exclusing the DB, of course) will be nerfed.

Six: There are certain weapons that are obsolete but at the same time can't be edited as they would require a large download due to some Steam Workshop fuckery. I will be removing these weapons for the sake of balance.

Seven: Still have not decided what direction I'm taking with the H.U.G.E. guys, sorry.

Finally: These changes have not gone through yet. If you guys have feedback regarding these changes, now's the time to speak up. Thanks.

2. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Considering how we don't have an offical thread for change suggestions I thought I might as well make one (with the encouragement of Cactus) since I have some suggestions to make.

There are still some icons on the Traitor and Detective menu that still have no icon/icons are still checkered so I'll post a list of icons that are not working:

Detective:
    • 44. Magnum
    • Taser
    • Silenced TMP
    Traitor:
    • 44. Magnum
    • Silenced Sniper
    • Jihad Bomb
    • Trigger Finger Chip
    • Headcrab launcer
    • Silenced TMP
    • Tripwire mine

Also I'd like to make the suggestion of removing the guns on spawn option. Like Tim has said earlier today that it seems very pay to win and also it removes the whole factor of getting guns that spawn on the map not just guns given to you either based on preference or OP-ness.

The old system of getting guns that spawned in the map was much better as you had the possibility of having a different gun every round and added a element of randomness to it; sometimes you'd be unlucky enough to only find a sniper-rifle instead of a MAC-10 and that would be that.

Any suggestions you guys feel could be added or changed to our TTT server post here.

@gawli

Last edited: 4 Jan 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  3. Gaw discord is my friend now

That plus the design makes me want to vomit out of every single orifice

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Question 1.