Best Posts in Thread: GM Modpack Server

1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

[​IMG]
    Server address: gamingmasters.org (no need to specify a port)
    Dynamic map: mc.gamingmasters.org
    FTB pack code: https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/gm-modpack-ftb-pack-code.12479/

Current modpack version: 1.0.3

Important: You must use java 8, the modpack will not work on older versions and you must have run vanilla minecraft with the vanilla launcher at least once (not sure if it needs to be 1.7.10, but better safe than sorry)

How to install:
    1. Open the FTB Launcher
    2. Click on the Pack Codes button
    3. Enter the modpack's unique pack code and click Add
    4. Select GM Modpack in the 3rd Party Packs tab and click Launch
    UBC 16x16 resourcepack:
    Underground Biomes Constructs uses 32x32 textures by default. If you want, you can get a resource pack that uses 16x16 textures instead from http://minecraft.curseforge.com/texture-packs/221303-underground-biomes-16x16/files/2204450/download
    Using DSock:
    • The server has DSock enabled by default, allowing you to send cross-server chat messages by appending your chat messages with a tilde (~)
    • The /dsock or /darkisock commands allow you to toggle whether or not you can receive/send these messages
    Server specific rules:
    Whitelist procedure:
    • All Established Members (gold star beneath your name on the forums) are automatically whitelisted and have access to the pack code. Let me know if upon trying to connect it says you're not whitelisted
    • Other members should fill in the normal application form in the whitelist applications forum. Though do note that it will likely be more difficult to be whitelisted for this server in particular.
    Other useful info:
    • The vast majority of standard mod ore generation has been disabled and replaced with almost equivalent COFH ore generation, this means that NEI can display distribution graphs for the ores. The main difference occurs for ores which you would normally only find one or two blocks per vein, these may have larger veins now, but hopefully there should be about the same amount of ore as there would usually be
    • Ore distribution graphs do not differentiate between dimensions, Draconium Ore is noticable in this case which spawns low down in the overworld and more spread out in the nether and end
    • I've tried to sort out most of the keybindings, but there are still a lot that are conflicting and some which are not bound, if some feature of a mod doesn't appear to be working when you press a key, check the controls. If you need to completely unbind a particular control, hit ESC when choosing what key to bind it to.
    • Iguana Tinker Tweaks does not have any of its restricting features enabled
    • A bunch of Fluid Transposer recipes have had equivalent smeltery casting recipes created
    • Support has been added for creating and subsequently casting a number of additional metal alloys in smelteries
    • The server is running on normal difficulty, but watch out for mobs wearing Mekanism armour and EnderZoo's Fallen Knights and Wither Witches, they will wreck your face early on
    • A very large number of mobs can be scanned for Thaumcraft research points
    • The vast majority of Blood Magic blocks/items can be scanned for Thaumcraft research points/broken down into essentia
    • There are various other tweaks done between minetweaker/modtweaker scripts and the GM Modpack Tweaks mod
    • For the time being, ensure you have particles non on "Minimal" when in the Nether, otherwise Phantoms will be invisible to you
    • The different stones added by Underground Biomes Constructs only spawn in the overworld, this is hardcoded into my tweaks mod as there is a crash that rarely happens when it's enabled for Mystcraft worlds and I have no easy way to tell apart RF Tools worlds from Mystcraft worlds. It could've been enabled for the Deep Dark and Twilight Forest, but I decided against it.
    • The vast majority of the tweaks I've made in the modpack can be seen through NEI, so keep an eye out for new recipes and uses
    • The pack contains the Cosmetic Armour mod, I can't remember the key it's bound to, but it will open a UI that will allow you to equip an extra set of armour that will override the looks of any armour you have equipped
    • Roses have become self aware
    Changelog:

Mod list:

Last edited: 11 Dec 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Mysteryem The Dividing Line