Best Posts in Thread: CS:GO Server

1. Hello everyone! I wanted to give everyone an update now that a lot of 'life events' are out of the way.

We've started the process of creating databases, gathering maps and have started to get the ball rolling. Hopefully over the course of the next few weeks we will be able to start pulling things together into a working server.

In the mean time if you have any ideas or suggestions please continue to add them to this thread/ PM me/ talk to me on mumble and we can see if they are viable options to add in!

Cheers

2. Bae.

Can (if possible) get a Surf/KZ map and a Retake/1v1/Deathmatch server. I love playing both of them.

and this (humble brag) is a pretty good idea just due to the fact there is just an ungodly amount of people who are playing CS right now.

If we get a deathmatch server, no bullshit plugins and 128 tick are a must. Tired of shitty servers with too many plugins. Also no one will play a DM server that's not at least above 60 tick (which is the tick rate for valve servers)

Same with 1 on 1 maps/retakes needs to be 128 tick or no one will play them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. KZ and Surf both have mods I think you can install with like global ranking and tpmenu. The reason this server is easier is because it's a solo activity surfing or doing jump maps. Problem with Retake and DM servers is that if less than 5 people play on it I honestly personally wouldn't join it and even then I usually would want more people than that cause DM is all about a quick warmup with constant duels against real people, so if half of them are bots or just no one on the server you're gonna run around a lot and not get to do any duels essentially.

DM would require at least 10 people I think for people to join, there is no quickplay that would lead them to our servers, they would have to go find the server from the server browser ingame themselves so I honestly think DM is a bit optimistic. Retake doesn't require more than 4 people or so to be functioning so that's realistic. Again KZ and Surf are solo activities so you can be alone on the server and it would be fine.

KZ/Surf or retake would be my best guesses

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. So, here's the thing. As @Dogling mentioned (and others agreed) we're a bit stagnant as of late. This is possibly because many of us are in our final year at uni, or busy with other life events, so we just stick to the usual games and don't interact much.

A suggestion was made that a CS:GO server could help revitalise the community somewhat and bring in some new faces.

Mr Meh suggested: Cs server could still be a kz server or surf server, or DM server or Retake server there is plenty of options if you wanted to make a server. Surf or kz would not require people, DM/retake would only work if people actually populate the servers. Do a mix of KZ/surf and I will live on that server.

So, Meh is willing to engage the server and get it populated, and I'm guessing that the other people that play CS:GO would be too.

So I suppose that at this point it's up to @Dark to decide whether it's an addition he'd like to include in our roster of servers.

Are there any suggestions or things we should know about if a server is set up? I've personally not played CS:GO so I'm quite in the dark about it as a whole!

• Like Like x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List