Best Posts in Thread: Concerning Karate

1. I assumed that this was a post about the martial art. I was sorely mistaken.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Well first of all, would've been nice if the gagged player made the thread themselves, no need to cover for him, ask him to come for the discussion to ever get progress.

Next, we have a history for reacting to such behaviour https://www.gamingmasters.org/bans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=taunting&Submit=Search so its not random suddenly.

Nobody really likes to be "trolled" against with constant taunts and such, like 5 complained how annoying it is on server that day, and nobody found your "innocent memes" funny, and had to listen to the majority and take action. Also its not exactly nice to be teasing the admin about it, constantly, might get a ban for it, admin teasing, besides hackers or spammers, is possibly the next most common ban in this case, just a gag.

It shouldn't be hard to not be an asshole online imo, never really was a consideration to add a rule for it as it looked to be pretty obvious, but considering that there's people like this that pop up sometimes, might consider adding the rule. If you treat others with "banter" or "meme" behavior, expect something in return for it, we've dealt with this kind before. And the fact that the two of you are doing it for a few years, really doesn't help.

I'm fully aware of this situation as I was there with some other people like Drunkpug, can't answer for HellJack's comments though. I'm personally not all for gags, i would make a ban instead, but since i never really saw this guy before, thought a gag would be appropriate for the situation.

Everyone no matter what ban/gag can make an appeal, if he comes on here, writes an apology or such, his ban/gag will get shortened, things like that are appreciated/encouraged. If not, then they need to wait out a week of just not writing, not exactly the worst case scenario as most of the time, people get a ban instead, honestly, consider yourself lucky.

Also, a fair warning, as discussed with others, no admins really like this behavior from you 2, consider changing your attitude or it won't end well in the future.

3. Kay, i'll bite again.

Regular player or not, it doesn't matter, and never should have an impact on the ban length or such. I was banned for it, Gaw was, Dog was, etc.

It's not sudden, a few admins have always been dealing with these people harshly, for example me, HellJack and langers, some others were a bit more lenient or just werent around that often, therefore it was a bit inconsistent in the ways we deal with such people. Anyway, not many admins lately were playing or were active on our servers, so we got a few new admins recently because of that and thought its time for some changes and clear ups around GM.

With the new wave of admins, and the whole sunnar and kf appeals happening at the same time, we had a chat between all of us on the state of our servers and some rules about behavior, because it wasn't that often discussed and the rules were inconsistent in some regards. We came to a conclusion that we don't want to have such people who make other players experience, worse, and we will deal with them accordingly.

I don't think there's anything much left to say.

4. The amount of time played, like Karate, Cornetto or r0d doesn't matter at all, if you treat people like trash, expect same towards you, no matter if 10k or 1mil points. This is not a popularity contest, even if someone like Trash can or Syhous or Me or Spik, who are in top 5, will start treating many players like trash, they will get punished for it.

R0d was banned today for not paying attention to warnings for his behavior and being an asshole towards managers when confronted about it.

Uh, I dont know where to even begin with the Mei accusations. Feels like instead of making appeals now, you're going after others.

Well first of all, i didnt spam 5 lennies in 5 seconds, that is punishable, heck, even 5 in 30 seconds is bad, or just bind spamming overall, i wrote 5 lennies in like 25 minutes, as in your pic which isn't considered spam, and you're trying to say i spam in my trademark style.

8-9 months ago i refered to snipers as bots sure, as a regular i was getting frustrated at the amount of snipers as some other regulars aswell, and i do agree i shouldnt have written some things, and about the spawn killing threats. Jack came in one day, explained that i shouldnt do that to spawnkillers and such and i stopped, i think he remembers that moment. Clearly i changed and understood what i was doing is not right, and now i punish the people who go after others to tease or annoy, i was explained to by Jack, now i warn others and punish if they dont listen aswell.

Also, i dont think calling people "bots" or "cringe" is on the same level as calling people "bitches" and "kill yourself" or "cocksucker" and adding "its the truth".

I do wonder what kind of antics me and Spikius did to annoy the server? Playing demomen and flying to snipers a year+ ago? I think that even happened 2 years ago...

It feels pretty pointless to have this discussion on what happened pretty much a year ago. Heck, even half a year ago.

-M-m- is a good admin no doubt, he has great reputation but he is a bit lenient towards the toxic players, we had an admin discussion few days ago because of this and such appeals, and concluded that we don't want such players who are extremely rude or make other players uncomfortable, anymore in our servers, if they wont change after a warning, then they'll receive proper punishment.

Like I said many times now, its not hard to not be an asshole on the internet.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  5. Just to make it clear - different admins and managers have different viewpoints - their personal thresholds for situations such as this will be somewhat at their discretion. Hence why with one admin (-M-m-) you would get a lenient response ('cos that's just the kinda guy he is) and then with other admins you get something different. We can't place every situation into rules and guidelines - sometimes we need people to take the initiative and hope that our regulars won't be total dicks. However, when boundaries are pressed or when people are dragging the server down because of their behaviour, then it's down to admins to manage that and decide what course of action should be taken. This is contextual and requires an admin to make a decision based on a multitude of factors - not only the baseline rules (the word of law) but also what is happening and how they can make positive influences for the server (the spirit of the law).

Now this particular instance has triggered a larger debate within our group, but for now I would say that the one week gag is not over the top - if you're being a total dick and going out of your way to provoke an admin then it shouldn't come as a huge shock that you might endure some form of repercussion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List