Server Downtime log

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Spykodemon, 19 Dec 2009.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

In fact, they'll be down from now on for the next couple of days. I'll need the servers for extensive testing, but it will be worth it. Expect a huge update (including more servers) around the weekend, hopefully coinciding with Garry's Mod update 160. I wouldn't want anyone to be bored this Easter :V

• Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Wizard x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Further disk issues have appeared, but I've performed quick repairs and failed one of the disks from the array so everything should be gravy for now

TF2 replays are back on as they are obviously not the cause

Any volunteers to have 2 disks shipped to you and then go to the DC and fit them? This is fairly low priority, we are talking friday or later

I will ask GD support if they will do it, but IIRC they don't touch internal hardware

3. GamingDeluxe have agreed to replace the hard disks with ones I ship to them for a one-off fee

So on a day this week (probably), most services will be shut off from some point in the early morning to allow the backup job to complete perfectly, then there will be significant downtime throughout the day as data is copied back. During this some services that do not rely on the raid disks will possibly be online, such as murmur

• Like Like x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  4. Both the primary and secondary DNS were broken for ~1 hour as of this post, this may have affected connectivity to the website and mumble for some

5. Down for past ~15 mins due to unexpected complications from a reboot to try and fix network issues (which were actually beyond my control and affecting the entire gamingdeluxe network)

6. For anyone not following the facebook page, down since ~13:00 BST due to a DDoS and associated terrible 24 hour null route policy (which I managed to get cut short).

• Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Noooo my uptime graph. Damn that DDoS forcing me to reboot.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  8. I'm genuinely amazed your server rebooted without issue

9. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I have confidence in what I do. Even the systemd started all it's shit fine. (I should probably migrate the last few things over to systemd at some point).

The only thing that fucked up was powerdns, but quick remedy of updates and reinstall and all good again.

10. Mhm you're just lucky that they finally fixed the things that were wrong with systemd about a month or so ago, if you'd rebooted before that you'd be in the same situation :V

11. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Advance warning. Scheduled downtime for any of my services (mainly minecraft) tomorrow morning BST while I fiddle with networking and boot scripts.

12. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I'm an idiot and forgot to pay for my dedi last night. It's been paid now and any minecraft will be back up shortly.

Note to self set up that darn standing order!

13. 10 days uptime, still no issues at all since the disk change (besides DDoS and GD being dumb), let's keep this up pls

• Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  14. 20 days uptime bitchessss

• Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Geit Coding wizard!

[​IMG]
    Congratulations on your first 100% uptime this year Darkimmortal. :p

• Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. 54 days bitches

1 day more than riotnet :V

• Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

How long did that take to get 100% uptime?!

18. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

You can blame that DDoS 53 days ago for that :(

You're welcome to beat my record of 139 days :P
    [​IMG]

19. Miz

Soon
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  20. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

DDoS cannons at the ready gents.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)