Server Downtime log

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Spykodemon, 19 Dec 2009.

1. down from 20:02 to 20:13 due to human error (long story short)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  2. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

3. Down earlier due to a semi-planned move being aborted halfway and the network cable being plugged back into the wrong port (gg triple nic motherboard)

4. Possibly network outage from prep for the move yeah

5. Packet loss about 2 hours ago due to a massive (40+ gbit) ddos on another customer

Probably a lot more where that came from too after the recent NTP shite

But yeah ddos detection system did its job very effectively (perhaps too effectively)

6. Down for an hour or so this morning due to a massive mail queue fuck up freezing php-fpm and eventually somehow killing nginx entirely

Entirely unrelated to the move, which has not yet occurred (pushed to an unknown later date)

• List
  7. Geit Coding wizard!

nearly 4 hours*

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  8. close enough :P

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  9. Seems to be connectivity/upstream issues, extremely high pings etc.

Gameservers have been disabled twice now by the ddos detection thingy, probably best they stay off until this is resolved

10. intermittent downtime for past 3 hours and my sleeping pattern fucked beyond belief thanks to the incompetent retards behind LVM2

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 2
    • List
  11. prophunt stats DDoS actually managed to bring down murmur for about 30 mins, conveniently while i was afk

12. Server went down for unknown reasons at approx 08:45 BST and came back rebooted at approx 09:30 BST

For some reason the web shit didn't start automatically until I noticed it was fucked (about an hour ago), so all websites were down for about 7 hours

• Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. Have now added a fix so the second bit shouldn't be able to happen again. Can't diagnose or do anything anything about the spontaneous reboot and hopefully it's not indicative of anything bad

14. late x9000 but i've determined this was a power failure of some sort as other bandwidth.co.uk servers have an almost identical uptime

so gg nothing to worry about, still stable as fuck

15. Site was down for the past hour due to a kernel bug (first i've seen a bug in the mainline kernel in quite a long time) combined with the excellent logic of grsecurity which decided to ban the user that web services run under

Code:
    [Mon Jun 30 19:41:37 2014] grsec: banning user with uid 500 until system restart for suspicious kernel crash

16. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

MIGHTY TREE

SPARE US

17. Starbound servers will be down for the next ~12 hours because disk space is about to run out and I'm juggling partitions

Edit: Maintenance complete, everything is now gravy

Last edited: 24 Jul 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. DDoSerino

Upstream network issues

Last edited: 12 Aug 2014
  19. Last edited: 12 Aug 2014
  20. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)