Server Downtime log

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Spykodemon, 19 Dec 2009.

1. Something identical to the 512k BGP issue is happening again, killed all gameservers as a precaution

Last edited: 14 Aug 2014
  2. And again, killed all gameservers

3. TF2 servers in segfault loop after latest update, will investigate soon

4. Servers are now working again

5. Site was down from 08:00 - 14:30 UTC+1 for unknown software reasons

TF2 servers remain broken, investigating now

Last edited: 22 Sep 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  6. Site was down from approx 08:00 to 11:50 UTC+1 due to nginx crashing and me being asleep. I've installed updates and added an auto-restart system that should prevent this happening again.

Edit: Very spooky that this started at the same time as above

Last edited: 5 Oct 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. prophunt continually crashing resulted in an important partition being filled with coredumps, which then killed mysql and caused minor corruption

issues began at 5am from what I can see, but likely took several more hours to reach the point where shit started becoming unavailable. all resolved now :)

8. Down for past 1 hour due to a botched system update

Last edited: 14 Nov 2014
  9. Virgin Media has been massively saturated at LINX since like 10am or so this morning, so anyone on Virgin will be getting awful connectivity to GM and to many other sites worldwide today

10. After having just about everything that could possibly go wrong end up going wrong in the latest system update, the TF2 servers are now back up

The above virgin issue is also resolved now

• Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  11. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

I see nothing in the server list on the main page here, but assuming they work again, yay! Good job!

12. Really not sure what is going on here - the way they are being turned off can only be performed manually by a manager

Edit: Oh derp it's the thing to stop embarrassingly bad ping when we get ddosed being triggered by the internet being generally totally fucked atm

Last edited: 16 Nov 2014
    • Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Geit Coding wizard!

14. I wish I knew what happened last night, just about managed to drunkenly type reboot in SSH and thankfully everything started working again

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  15. Starbound was filling /tmp with shit (which was bringing down many services), have now made it so this is all removed during the restart every 3 hours

16. Finished applying updates, all is gravy

• Zing Zing x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  17. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

18. Was down for a quick update there to try to alleviate some issues I've been seeing over the past couple of weeks

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Server crashed and rebooted around 5-6am

On the bright side, it's managed to stay stable 24/7 for nearly the entire time I've been working at Jagex - ~183 days uptime. It looks like the crash was a one-off issue with memory management from the huge amount of uptime

Taking this opportunity to do a long overdue system update, expect things to break...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)