Best Posts in Thread: PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

unliked

2. I fixed it :3

3. Cookies4you, please for heaven's sake:

a) Use capital letters - that post is damn hard to read.

b) Actually contribute something.

Here, I've started you off:

Magical. And here's me only using the Shift or Capslock key, marvellous >.>

Let's just break that down:

> In order to balance out the shotgun, custom improvements need to be made - Ok, the shotgun's already been modified numerous time, well done.

> Merely changing the ammo and damage won't solve anything for long - Stating the obvious methinks...

> Lowering it makes players angry, while keeping it makes players angry - So you think we should remove it or raise the ammo/damage? Can't see the latter being too well-received.

> The shotgun must be balanced out by custom improvements, maybe some coding - Er...right. Same as first point? Still makes only a modicum of sense. :roll:

> Players will continue to complain until you remove it again. After doing so again, players will complain more - So what do you propose we do to break this vicious cycle?

> You're gonna need something thats not just changing raw stats to balance it - But unfortunately that's the only thing we CAN do - editing the properties and behaviour of weapons is something that is within our control, we can't make a new magical weapon from nowhere.

Nowhere in this post did I see anything remotely helpful, or any real suggestions whatsoever.

Just to clarify - this is not a personal attack on you, I just fail to see what this post contributed to other than your post count.

4. Geit Coding wizard!

• Removed Sydney Sleeper
    • Nerfed BlackBox
    • Gave a 5% damge boost to the huntsman
    • CP will now heal scouts to 150 health, scouts without the special delivery pack will lose this health slowly over time. I'll look into a more refined fix when I get time.
    • Fish kills will no longer spam points.
    Changes will take effect when someone uploads the new plugin to the server. (At school - No FTP)

5. Spykodemon Disabled account

nothing wrong with no-lifing as long as you're enjoying it, which I am fairly certain he was.

6. How long do people plan on bitching about the classes? :)
    Honestly, look at it this way.
    Game is basicly Pyro vs. scouts, but to add more fun the pryo team gets to be different classes. They have weapon restrictions and are basicly alot more useless than the pyro. They can't fly, they can't get a good run speed going and they have shitty weapons. But hey! you play them for the fun of it! and to challenge yourself!

So stop using all this energy on fixing something that will always be broken and use it on making maps instead!
    If you are annoyed people don't hide enough? Make a map more suitable for hiding then!
    You like running around? make a big open map with lots of cornors!
    Annoyed be the minigun? Make a map with a hole to throw the heavy in!

So remember kids, don't do drugs!

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I'll tell you what, FreeFree. I'll make a deal with you.

I will back all of your suggestions for Prophunt (Heavies get their Miniguns, Demos get a pipe launcher of some sort, Soldiers have some of their Rocket Launchers de-nerfed) and endorse their implementation in our various Staff meetings.

You will agree to have the entire Spy class removed from Medieval Mode servers.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  8. Shinkzy Living Legend

[​IMG]

Since it annoyed everybody.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  9. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Scout spawns in BLU spawn, scout gets killed, scout respawns in RED spawn, round continues like normal.

Game-breaking, guys.

• Zing Zing x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. How about i fix cyberpunk by adding elevators?

11. Geit Coding wizard!

It's possible to add brush entities via the Plugin.

12. I have an idea for a new gamemode, replace all props with ducks, call it DuckHunt.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  13. Geit Coding wizard!

:frogout:

14. MrMike This is my face when you talk

Sooooo we're just gunna give PH admin rights to those who are active?
    Just because they are active doesn't mean they will make good admins, and by judging on what I remember the PH community being like (Yes I know, I haven't been on for a VERY long time so things might have changed) and from what I've heard from others who still play PH I'd say this sounds like a very VERY bad idea.
    I really agree with MC, there are more than enough admins around who can handle PH. It's just that no one really bothers to check if any admins are online.
    If however you REALLY want to try and fuck up make active members admins then at least make them do an application and make them show that they are worthwhile rather than just giving it to them.

15. Geit Coding wizard!

Nope.
    Welcome back, thanks and fixed.

Also, Prophunt will no longer start on sawmill if it crashes, it will start on ph_town

16. MrMike This is my face when you talk

no, no it doesn't

17. Dear everyone, the problem with prophunt and the shotgun and whatever, is that the majority of people playing is getting too good at the game.
    As long as people can aim with the shotgun the shotgun will be overpowered because it can hit from far far away.
    If you limit it more it will be really useless and if you power it more it will be "too good".

Everything is good as it is, though I would personally see the minigun go. I doubt it'll happen though.

Anyways, if you want to avoid to die as a prop now a days
    Tip #1 stay hidden.
    Tip #2 learn to dodge multiple players.

Pyros have evolved and can now bend their necks upwards, their vison is no longer cone shaped and has expanded to a 180 degree view. Their brains are no longer nut sized but are more similar to a baby fist.

Life as a prop will never be the same again. You will actually have to be really good to live a full round.
    And the only solution to this will be a revamp of all maps with new edges and hiding spots.

18. marcf33 Marc

Lol Disregard what Cookies said. Not all Americans are retarded, only 99.99%.

19. OK that's it, anyone that posts something that isn't either a suggestion or a friendly, constructive, criticism/discursion of a feature/suggestion, your post will be deleted and you will receive an infraction. If you have a problem with someone please use steam or pm them.

20. Reverted yet again.

And if Goat can add a comment...

PHP:
            //Just change the point caps bitch, stop giving into Shinkz's period. 
    So can I :P

PHP:
            // PH is a strongly one-sided game with a high degree of randomness, not to mention the fact that if your team fails, you fail.
            // Therefore you simply can't measure skill from wins/losses - what PH needs (and has) is a simple grinding based scoring system.

/*
    19:15 - ?? Shinkzy ? Tammikins ??: he needs to gtfo and stop trying to balance it
    19:15 - ?? Shinkzy ? Tammikins ??: he doesn't have to deal with all the whining and bullshit because he doesn't play
    19:15 - ?? Shinkzy ? Tammikins ??: when somebody is changed for the worse I'm the one who has to deal with all the complaints
            */

// People DO NOT WANT a different scoring system.
    No amount of point capping will give Goat's HLstatsX-style ranking any form of correlation to anything - it simply doesn't suit PH. The near-linear time=score system is just fine.