New forum signature rules

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 6 Jun 2012.

• Outright ban on animated gifs, unless they are within spoiler tags. (This rule includes apng/mng)
    • Outright ban on Youtube or other videos, unless they are within spoiler tags.
    • Max overall height 250px - if this is exceeded, a scrollbar will appear on your signature. (Enforced at 1280px window width)
    • Max image width 550px - no images wider than 550px but the overall signature can be as wide as you like
    • Unlimited number of images - no fixed limit, but please keep within reason (certainly less than 10).
    • Above rules on images do not apply to images inside spoiler tags.
    These rules are in immediate effect - the situation with signatures is getting majorly out of hand.

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. Cactus The key is to never give up

I have the best signature

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Thank you, great rules!

Also, you've got to love IE; upon opening Cactus' spoilers, the images grow in size, than smaller, than larger, et cetera. It's so retarded it's almost funny.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  3. Oh god my screens having a seizure help

4. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

lol i have the same problem on firefox. But i have it when i try to open a spoiler, FF freezes and then the spoiler opens and closes with a 1 sec delay.

5. Mhm was adding a new feature allowing you to click the whole top bar of the spoiler to toggle it

It's fixed now

6. Also made it so the contents of spoiler tags is not loaded until the spoiler is first toggled

7. Geit Coding wizard!

You need to Crtl + F5 for this to actually work correctly, because retarded caching.

EDIT: Also, it'd probably help if images were forced to be inline-blocks via CSS, so the spoiler actually grows correctly (or had the correct height attribute attached to them)

8. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

It works now - but only after having refreshed, as Geit said.

9. Fixed caching

10. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

:(

A necessary sacrifice though.

11. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Don't worry, I will always open your spoiler just to watch that for hours on end. All is not lost!

12. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Hey, I did that too! Seriously, I kept and kept watching your signature for minutes. :P

Also, everything works fine now, as far as I can see. Great job!

13. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

One thing I've noticed is that Mole's spoiler seems to run into his Steam thingymajig.

14. bug due to [center] around entire sig, difficult to workaround

15. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Agree with all, apart from
    Against.
    I mean I had this in my signature for ages, no issue.
    [​IMG]
    The problem is when the signatures get too damn large or too many images. Spoiler tags, yes solves that issue for them stupid large signatures. But for small ones, unnecessary spoiler. That's all.
    Apart from that one, good good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  16. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Now it's been mentioned to me: 3G users. Taking the image I just posted, 827kb. As a 3G user, I do realise that bandwidth limits can be stretched by such images. Even with the operator's server side image compression, not always enough. Now if that had been mentioned at the start instead of a private message, then I probably wouldn't have been so irritated.

Next is probably my 300kbps piano cat which Savage actually took the time to get on for me. Shame.

(P.S. Bad day.)

17. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

How about, you just disable signatures, remove all images, delete the css files, remove all formatting on the forum, base html only.
    WOW EVERYTHING IS SOLVED.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

In the mean time , i think he should take away everything else from the forums ,all the colors, fonts ,avatars so it will be nothing but threads with text..

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. Daviez GMs personal Brony.

I agree with this, some over sized gifs or pics were totally annoying

I will feel sorry for the future members on the forum :D

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forum signature rules

2. Animating forum signatures rules