A Belated Hullo

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by coffeejunky, 20 Mar 2010.

1. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

A Belated Hullo

Hi guys,
    joined the forum a few weeks ago, seems a nice place you have here.
    Thought I would make a welcome thread for once before I forget (I belong to an overclocking forum and have over 7,000 posts there, but never remembered to make a welcome thread there...I always forget these things :sigh:)
    Some may recognise me from the prophunt server (only game-mode I play). Hope to be here to stay, and have already made some suggestions over on the PH forum.
    I'm 21 and am currently studying for my MA in English, but I can't resist tinkering with PCs and gaming in my spare time ^^.
    Thanks

2. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Harro.

3. Geit Coding wizard!

4. Zana The Candy Bun

Hola!

5. Jagamuta Cabbage was here!

6. Longbow Victorique <3

7. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

8. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

DARK YOU FAGGOT! YOU ARE DISTRACTING PEOPLE FROM THEIR IRL LIFE BECAUSE OF YOUR ADDICTING MOD YOU ARE AN EVIL EVIL LEFT SWEATY GOAT BOLLOCK! FAGGOT!<3

9. AgentDoubleF I just wanna make you go pop..

¡oןןǝɥ

10. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Howdyy.

11. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

my eyes are so bloodshot from all of the weed that i smoke haha yeah thats right i'm talking about marijuana yes sir weed indeed haha smoke it all day every day marijuana

12. -M-m- herpderp

Hello & welcome too the forum, i do mess about with computer hardware quite a bit myself, have since i was 12 with computers & screwed apart just about all of my rc cars because i could since i was 5 years old. (Bit over 10 years ago i started with computers)
    I do repair computers as well ofc whenever someone contacts dad or me via facebook or while visiting us.
    Ofc i get a bit of payment for the work i do most of the time. 100 - 500 sek here & there isn't much but its something at least.

Currently got a hp dv2000 a truck driver uses during traveling for some basic stuff, also wanted to know if it takes more ram (2 gb & windows xp on it)
    Also was overheating 65c idle is a bit high for running idle for 10 minutes on windows xp.
    So i put on thermalpaste on there as well & cleaned out the heatsink (caked too 70% with dust so barely any air escaped through it.)
    (dual core 1.6 ghz athlon socket S1 from 2006 that had no thermal paste at all, was amusing to see it has black spots (scorch marks?) on the cpu that doesn't go away.)

Oldest pc i got sitting in my room though atm is a pentium mmx 200 mhz 32 mb ram matrox mystique 4 mb & voodoo 1 3d card (4 gb hdd so ill need to get a pci to ide controller to add a larger then 8.4 gb harddrives heh.)

My self built pc's basic components is a bit over 6 years old on motherboard, 2 ram sticks out of 4 & mechanical hard drives.
    phenom II x6 1090t 8 gb ram all 2 gb sticks ofc, r9 280 asus direct cu II, gigabyte 870a ud3 rev 2.1,arctic cooling freezer 13 pro, ssd's intel 330 60 gb for os & corsair force gs 120 gb for games.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)