A bug that has been bothering me for sometime

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by nlspeed, 20 Jun 2012.

1. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Sometimes everything is fine, and I can play normally. But sometimes, my menu is like this. And sometimes it's the 'Continue' screen when joining a server, so I'd have to restart the game to be able to join.

This has been happening since I reinstalled Windows and everything. At first, I thought it had to do with Alt Tabbing while the game was loading, but sometimes the game behaves correctly even though I Alt Tabbed, so I'm not really sure.

Anyway, I can't find anything about this bug on the internet, so maybe one of you guys could help me?

Thanks in advance!

2. Gaw discord is my friend now

It is to do with Alt Tabbing, I get this glitch myself. I believe there is a correlation between Alt Tabbing when joining a server (or a map change) and that particular annoyance. Try not Alt Tabbing until you're actually in a server, or if you can't do that, change from fullscreen to the windowed mode, and add -noborder to your Team Fortress 2 launch options (it will look like fullscreen, but Alt Tabbing will be more friendly)

3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Thank you very much!

Your post reminded me of the fact that, before I reinstalled TF2, it had a bar at the top of the screen, just like an internet page (with in the right corner those icons to close, maximize, and minimize a window (or whatever the proper words for it are)). I suppose that was windowed mode, so I suppose it has to do with the fact that now I don't play in windowed mode then?

Anyway, I'll put it back to windowed mode and put -noborder on the shortcut (which, I presume, removes that bar?).

Thank you! :)

4. Since directx fullscreen exclusive mode is the only way to avoid Aero, make sure to disable desktop composition in the exe properties of tf2 if you don't want forced vsync that is worse than normal for input lag

If you are using noborder on windows vista or 7 that is

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Ling-Ling Some random pyro....

If you don't want windowed mode, you can just type retry in the console. This will just reconnect you to the server and it should be fixed (if you don't alt tab out of the game again).
    Maybe hud_reloadsheme fixes it too, but I'm not sure about that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. I had this bug twice, after upgrading my hud (pvhud) it worked well. Maybe Valve fucked up something again by adding "mysterious updates", as always ;/

7. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, Gaw's advice worked perfectly so far.

Thank you! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)