A couple of changes

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 26 Dec 2008.

1. A couple of changes

- The reserved slots plugin will now give reserved slots to all admins with the kick flag (basically all admins), and instead of kicking the highest ping user, it will kick a non-GM leader at random. :D
    - The radio plugin should hopefully no longer display the incredibly annoying welcome messages.
    - Sourcemod and it's accompanying default plugins updated to the latest build on the 1.2 branch for both TF2 and ZPS. :)

2. Re: A couple of changes

Learn to stand in line, this is the worst crap ever.

If there is no admin, ONE admin could join on the slot.. but not everyone.

Merry Christmas

3. Bun

Re: A couple of changes

So if a guy is having the greatest time of his life on that server... He will get kicked because an admin wants to play for 5 minutes? That's bullshit tbh...

4. Re: A couple of changes

I think there's a plugin that manages server direction so if a player gets kicked for being in a reserved slot, they get automatically redirected to a different server?

5. Re: A couple of changes

mmmm yeah - if we talk about community and how important the non-clan members who play on the servers are then we can't just kick some random dude off because a GM wants to play. I don't mind waiting, gives me time to practice air shot or something.

6. Geit Coding wizard!

There are only 6/7 admins that have reserved slots, limited admins do not get them.

7. Bun

"The reserved slots plugin will now give reserved slots to all admins with the kick flag (basically all admins)"

Yeah I see that.

8. Re: A couple of changes

played on such one, works fine ye.

9. Re: A couple of changes

Thanks - you wanted that and now you don't.

Well it's staying until the next time I feel like wasting my time.

10. Re: A couple of changes

Doesn't work for all admins btw.

11. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

What I asked for a long time ago was reserved slots in exchange for donations. That idea was shot down, but that seems better than kicking a random person. If there is going to be a kick, it should be based on something like ping, or lowest kills or something.

- I

12. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

or AFK-ness ofc...

13. Protantus Original Member

Dark, appreciate the effort, but I do think this will annoy people; can it be active on only one server iniitally to guage reaction?

14. Re: A couple of changes

It isn't actually working at the moment, but I'll fix it later :)

15. Re: A couple of changes

I can understand why reserved slots are being considered. The servers seem to be getting more and more popular, and I think its a credit to you all that this is the case :). I had numerous convos last night whilst in the game, from people waiting to join asking if any afkers could be kicked, but no one was, and people were just not leaving.

Some people were waiting 10 mins... Hmm, not sure I would wait that long to be honest, i'd miss playing with/against my online tf2 friends but there are other servers out there, and new online friends to be made :)

16. Re: A couple of changes

I was waiting for an hour lol

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)