A Nice Surprise

Discussion in 'Random' started by Jindo, 4 Jan 2013.

1. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

I was working on a new web page to replace my current site's layout, I decided that I should get screenshots from some of my games to use in some of the graphics. I ended up going over to Kongregate where my game of just over 2 years 'Vertigo: Gravity Llama' is hosted, to play through the game and get some screenshots.

I noticed suddenly that the game had badges. For those who don't know, badges are Kongregate's equivalent of achievements, you earn points for your profile and level up by getting them. There are 4 difficulties in badges, easy (5 points), medium (15 points), hard (30) and impossible (60).

Vertigo had been given an easy, hard and impossible badge as of yesterday and I only knew this because I went to get screenshots! This lead to a lot of angry commenters who were justly frustrated with the controls and difficulty of the harder badges, but there is a bright side!

I checked the forums and somebody had devoted a thread to a discussion of the impossible badge, there I've found several videos of them beating various worlds in Vertigo without dying once. Seeing that somebody enjoyed the game so much that they got this good at it really made my day.

That is all, here are some of the videos, even if you don't have total perspective on how easy or difficult the game is it's impressive to watch!

• Wizard Wizard x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • List
  2. Wow, this really cool. Happy for you! :D

3. Only just seen this - congrats Jindo! If you keep up your game work that you already do maybe this will happen for all of your games soon ;) I believe in your abilities!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

As of this post, 170 players have obtained the Impossible badge (compared with over 29,000 players obtaining the Easy badge)

• Like Like x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  5. If you put up a game on these website. If your game has a lot of traffic do you get a nice slice of money? Like YouTube?

6. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

Yeah, Kongregate has their own Ad Revenue system. Aside from them and Newgrounds who also has their own, all other sites get a version of the game with a system called MochiAds in place, my game collects ad revenue from in-game ads with this.

Of course, having badges on Kongregate now means that people will keep coming back to it to try and earn them, so this should be very good for my revenue.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)