Admin Application

Discussion in 'Administrator Applications' started by armadillo, 26 Jun 2016.

1. armadillo footballer, gamer, dad of two, genius

In-game name: armadillo

Steam ID: 76561198044709648

Game(s)/Service(s) you are applying for: Orange

Why do you think you need admin: Very frequently I find myself asking admins to join the server and ban hackers or gag spammers. I spend a lot of the time on the server and so would be able to deal with such problems myself.

Why are you more suitable than other applicants: I've been playing on the server for more than three years and am very well known among the regular players. I get on quite well, I would like to think, with current admins. I have played games, spoken to and got to know especially Country and Brick Top. I'm also friendly with perhaps the most active admin, -M-m-, who I chat to on the server (and on steam for PC advice :)).

Current and expected activity level on the games/services in question: I visit orange most days and have a shocking 700 hours or so in the server overall.

Current and expected activity level on Mumble: I've never used the mumble other than as a back up for when my personal mumble fails. I've always got mumble open though and I'm happy to hop in.

Current and expected activity level on the forums: I browse the forums sometimes, I've never been especially active though and have basically never posted.

Any previous administrative experience: I'm currently an admin of a TF2 league, bball.tf. I also run three TF2 servers under the "duo.tf" brand.

:fox:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  2. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Welcome back to the forums.

3. sorry who are you

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Hi there.

Unfortunately, you don't have enough of a standing with this community to be considered for Admin.

You've said it yourself, you don't engage at all here on the forums and you've never joined us on Mumble.

As such, we only know you via in-game interaction. And while you're very active on our Orange Server #7, that's not enough to grant you Admin at this time.

If you give us a chance to get to know you, that may change in the future. But for now, I'll have to deny this application.

Thanks, though.

5. Brick Top Server Admin

This guy is pretty cool and a decent human being.

6. I kinda feel this is starting to become a problem nowadays, ppl apply for admin but get denied for not spending enough time at forums and mumble. Meanwhile most regulars at the server recognize the person and there are times when the server could use more admins since I do find myself from time to time with a hacker on orange with no admin on.

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-hacker.5635/

I'm certain that we're sorry that we don't have 24/7 on call Admins, but you can do your part in keeping our servers clear.

Regarding the application for Admins, we used to have a set of rules and standards that we went by to decide who could act as an Admin. We did away with those long ago, but still if you've not been a part of this Community, but only play on our servers (no matter how frequently) we will most likely not choose you to be an Admin.

Bad Admins can harm a server far more than any good ones could help it.

8. That's true but I feel like the core problem here is the were not able to integrate the regulars on the server with the site or mumble, which in turn leads to denied admin applications for regulars. Despite having 2 or 3 fairly populated servers (orange, prophunt ranked and MGEMod 1v1) the site does not reflect that. And with little to no reason to go here most regulars simply don't register at the site and thus when they apply they get denied. I just feel like theres this gap between the servers and the site where people could play for hundreds of hours in a server and yet be a complete stranger for most of us here on the site.

9. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well see, that's the thing right there with our Community.

While some Players live on Orange, or Prophunt...that is just one part of our Community as a whole. While those hundreds of hours spent on Orange means the world to a single player, to us it's just one, small part of our Community.

And it's not all that hard to join us on Mumble or the Forums Proper.

Unless you're telling me that there are some people who only love us for our Orange server...why would we reward that?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game admin applications

2. gaming admin application