Advanced strategy and biggest dicks comparisons

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Falsey, 10 Sep 2012.

1. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

So I was thinking that we needed a thread where people can compare strategy outside of "build this cause Chaox says so" and generally get some advice.

Without taking his masteries into question, Taric at level 5 while running a typical support rune page has him at bot with a combined 78.29 armour at level 5 (with the right skill placement into his shatter), from his runes (20.9), his base (17.4 by level 5) and his shatter (the base and aura being 40 at level 5).

I'm thinking about putting speed quints on him for extra dominace down bot and better late game play, so I'm planning on running him with seals of avarice to make up for the loss in gold (same amount of gold in total as if hhad quints of avarice). This way he can cut short the distance between him and his target that much quicker so he can get his stun in, which is often the difference between a kill or not. Later on, this also going to give him a lot of dominance when it comes to ward placin/denying.

I reckon it's a nice trade; a massive bonus throughout the game with him being able to out maneuver the enemy pair out bot and being able to land his stuns more often in teamfights and ganks. I know that a lot of people on here main him as their support, so I just wanted some opinions on this.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  2. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

I don't think that is true, but you'll be better off buying 'boots of mobility' then wasting quint slots for speed..

3. Why are you so determined to make support interesting?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

But for support, that would be looking at 25-30 minutes into the game. You'd be missing out on the massive advantage it theoretically would give you during the laning phase, as well as cooldown reduction or anti-cc

6. Is the top lane not identical to the bottom lane?

I don't understand why they are always considered so differently

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

can't tell if honest question or poor innuendo

8. The former

9. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Top's a solo job. In a regular game, it's just two champs facing off against each other, trying surpass the other one in farm while also trying to get kills with the jungler's assistance. Normally the champs up top are bruisers; tanky damage dealers who pack a punch while being able to hold their own. The idea of top is that he's eventually going to come down and help mid, putting his farm into good use.

Bot almost always has two champs; the AD Carry and the Support. The AD Carry gets the farm and kills, while the Support buys items which give him gold overtime to make up for his lack of income from farm and kills. The AD Carry gets the last hits on minions while helping to poke down the opposite Carry, while the Support does his best to setup wards which give the two of them sight, provide sustain or use any CC (slows, stuns etc) at his disposal to set up kills for his Carry.

10. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Not sure if serious. If so you're bad and you should feel bad.
    But seriously Quints of Avarice and Mana Regen Seals are a much better idea. You dont need friggin move speed quints as a support EVER (well maybe and I repeat MAYBE as Alistar). The mana regen is needed for Taric imo, as he is quite a mana hefty champ. In the case of the move speed makes the difference between a stun/ a kill. Well good luck if you don't have the mana for said kill , which the mana regen seals could help with.

11. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Y'all nubs, speed quints are indeed very usefull and work really well on some champs. How can you guys honestly even say that the speed quints are rubbish or not needed when you havent even experimented with them.

And also, what is the dig bick part of this thread.

12. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Never said Move Speed Quints were rubbish/not needed. Just said sacrificing mana regen on taric = no

13. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

I'd say it would be better in the long run to be more mana efficient, or if the team uses a lot of mana, grab the manipulator and go that route.

edit: Then again, playstyle playstyle playstyle

14. to expand:

the only difference between the top and bot is objective control, and this is why teams use the composition falsey described.

bot lane is close to dragon, which gives each player 190gold, which is a massive boost early game, it's relatively easy to kill with about 3 players early game.

having 2 players in bot lane means you have players close by to respond quickly to kill dragon or stop the enemy from killing dragon.

top lane is close to baron, baron gives each player 300gold and a buff which increases stats, baron is waaaaaaaaay harder to kill than dragon and therefore is a whole team objective and only usually comes into play mid-late game (also doesnt even spawn until 15mins)

by the time youre taking baron, the laning phase will be over (towers are taken down/players are strong enough to just dive under towers anyway, and players roam about the map) so you dont need 2 players close to it during the laning phase.

If these 2 objectives did not exist in the game the map would be identical to both teams, and there would be no need to treat them differently.

15. Lol speed quints on a support...good one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  16. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

>He never wards dragon as support

>Finishes his gold items at 30 minutes

>No finished boots by 40mins

If I wanted advice from you, it'd be for how to be a self-righteous twat.

17. Hahaha, good one. It's not like I see you buy wards as much as you want EVERYONE ELSE to buy wards when THEY play support. Get off your high horse xD

Besides, had a bad game. Couldn't finish the items you listed. But how could you possibly know? It's not like you have map awareness when you jungle or support any way. Doing weird over extending moves to get yourself killed and even when you have map vision in form of wards, you still over extend when an obvious gank is about to happen.

18. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

WHEN WE COLLIDE, WE COME TOGETHERRR

19. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

IF WE DON'T, WE'LL ALWAYS BE APART!

20. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

you buy a nice sona skin

you play sona horribly

you bought wards

you put them in the wrong place

you buy items

you buy near-useless ap buffs for a mostly ad team before your core gold-giving items

you get taken the piss out off

you make claims about the other party with no factual basis

pls leve u smel

21. You are beyond saving good sir x)

Considering you do charity work, I thought you would genuinely be a good guy. As soon as it concerns LoL however, it seems to be your way or the highway. I know you started with Reddit or whatever and that you somehow gained an a-hole personality when you were online for that, but try and get rid of it if possible :)

Now, to address your wall of text there:

I've owned Sona for quite a while. I've also played her some, not terribly much as I got more interested in Mid, Jungle and Top. AD Carry used to be my call, but it got boring very, very fast. There are only so many builds you can make on AD carries as they seem to have pretty much the same builds.

I've played more Janna and LuLu support than Sona. Yes, I didn't play Sona to the best of my abilities but we pretty much got pommeled meaning I had a hard time actually getting my items in the first place. It doesn't really help when our Jungler (you) seems to have little map awareness in general. Instead of actually placing wards yourself at all you seem to just drop your rage on me for not doing it all over the map apparently. It's true that one of my roles is to place wards. However, not placing it at dragon before a jungler can possibly even take on the dragon is not horrible placement either.

You seem to think that you are the master of support whenever you play which is a very arrogant way of looking at things. Hell you seem to limit yourself to just Taric if possible. Some times Sona. Taric is not a universal support and neither is Sona. I have yet to see you play someone like LuLu or Janna for example.
    You are considering Speed Quints on a Support like Taric when in reality all you need is just more coordinated play between you and your carry.

You need to be able to last, shield and support your ad carry at the same time. Later in the game you have to support your entire team. You can get items and summoner spells to fill in the small gaps like movement speed and survivability and let your runes and masteries support the core parts of your build. Instead of Movement Quints, why not consider Gold Quints or even AP or MPen. for a stronger more aggressive support?

If you can show me, that you can take this in, I would be willing to give you an apology and give playing with you another chance. If not, then suit yourself.

22. Whilst I'm not going to be taking sides, I don't think Casey playing a boatload of Taric is a bad thing. Right know, bot lane is defined by what the forums have come to know as the "Trinity Force" (pun intended) where Ezreal, Graves and Corki have the highest win rates by far. Taric gives armor, reduces theirs, has a point click stun (I cannot begin to say how amazing this is, under 4 champions in the game have this ability, if not less) , amazing sustain, heals, does decent damage, can tank, gives AD AND AP, and amplifies his carry's damage. The fact that he can easily stun somebody especially is amazing because these high mobility carries work best with somebody that can stun because they can jump on and rape the enemy carry's face.

TL;DR He plays Taric a lot because he's one of the best, if not the best support to currently complement the current AD carry metagame. He brings EVERYTHING to the table. Much more than Janna, if you ask me. She becomes very lack-luster late game.

23. I see the point you are trying to make.
    And it's true that Taric is very flexible. But just like Sion I think he falls flat fast if he gets behind early game.

24. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Your ability to explain a fault of yours by scapegoating is astounding

Again, rewriting history to suit your arguement. Those who play often with me when I jungle know that of all my major flaws at the role, being sure to ward the enemy jungle and rivers is definitely not a weakness of mine.

And not warding dragon at all even by thrity minutes is not horrible placement either? Or are you claiming you didn't just spend the game warding in the same two bushes which didn't give you enough reaction time to react to ganks?

Nope. I'm not arrogant really at all, though I do take pride at times in some moments where I think I did very good. You've literally played what, four games with me? And I wouldn't be calling me arrogant, when you decided to show off to us by playing Karma top, only to get shat on by Warwick, who you proceeded to claim was nigh undefeatable by any other toplane champ

Again, you've played like four games with me. And again, you're totaly misinformed. Although I do favour some supports over another, I've probably played several dozen games alone in the last week or so as Lulu and Janna alone. On top of that, I actually avoid playing Taric, so again; get your facts right.

Nice snide attack on my communication skills. Judging by the content of your post so far, it's clear you're just trying to troll here; honestly can't believe you could be so idiotic to try and argue like you are. And no, that's not even addressing the actual benifits that extra speed on Taric would have.

Here's the thing; you've proven yourself on Mumble to be a horrendous asshole. You rage, scapegoat and act generally either very awkward or rudely. It's not a matter of me wanting to play with you or not; it's a matter of the entire community actually not liking you at all. You're brothers have even been forced to apologize on your behalf for how you act when you're on mumble, and it's amazing that you even visit these forums when all you do is act like an asshat. You literally contribute nothing to this community, and because of it you're pretty much the least liked person who frequents Mumble right now. If you left GM alone like you keep threatening you will, I'm certain that the entire community would breath a collective sigh of relief.

tl;dr

You come on our servers and act like a dick. Please leave.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Biggest dicks

2. dicks masters