Age of Empires II

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Gaw, 19 Dec 2011.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

[​IMG]

April 2013 re-release!

Key features:

• Re-mastered for high resolution displays 1080p+
    • Enhanced visual engine with improved terrain textures, water, fire and ambient lighting effects
    • New Steamworks features: Achievements, Leaderboards, Matchmaking and Cloud support
    • Share user created content with Steam Workshop support

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I would play with you guys but i would loose :p

3. Timon Savages' favourite german

Btw a good map for multiplayermatches is black forest with normal ressources.
    Everyones base has only 1 or 2 ways enemies can come from and theres is enough wood. Since you can build fields with wood everyone has atleast the base ressources (wood and food) with which you can build the base units.

That setup garantuees that noone is doomed to fail, bcause he can't get enough of the base ressources in the beginning.

//Oh btw there's a possibility to play the game high-res. It wouldn't work for me the last time i tried, but it's worth a try...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  4. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Don't point that thing at me.

5. Gaw discord is my friend now

Don't worry about not being good at rts games, I am quite new to them as well, and there are plenty of other new people playing too. If you're serious about playing and trying it out, and don't intend on just trolling your team by leaving - by all means play. That goes to anyone else reading this thread too.

I have updated the guide on how to get fullscreen native resolution working, some people have been having difficulty, but that shouldn't happen anymore unless you are a douglas.

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

I have updated the thread. Everything is stupidly easy now and works perfectly, even with Dark and Blue.

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

Player rankings are now up here to assist in the making of fair teams. We have a larger player pool to the tune of 4 or 5 people, but as they have not played a game, I haven't added them yet.

8. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

darky dark loves my wood <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Just managed to fix my NAT loopback, so we can play without voobly which means less lag and ability to resume savegames :D

10. However anyone that wants to play will likely need TCP 47624 and TCP/UDP 2300-2400 forwarded

11. I really need to figure out how to actually play this game :P

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

Play the 'William Wallace' campaign (the first one), it greatly helps you with the basic to intermediate stuff, and you'll pick up the advanced tactics from just playing with knowledgeable people, or consulting online guides etc.

13. Timon Savages' favourite german

[​IMG]
    Well ii'm trying around a bit atm. Game runs fine 1080p so far, only the weird color glitch is still there...
    Seems to be a normal problem under Win 7/Vista (i'm on 7). I'll try around a bit more with compability modes, so far 2000 and XP SP3 didn't help.
    Btw i've seen the link to the Widescreenfix doesn't work anymore. File can be found here now: http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/age-empires-ii-conquerors-expansion/en

Ok i tried around a bit. Not sure if it's because i started it with the .bat now or because i had the color fix (also on the site i linked a bit above) enabled.
    But i found out what causes the problem.
    It's the windows explorer...

[​IMG]
    I'd say i'm ready for games now.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  14. Gaw discord is my friend now

Timon, if you had just looked at the thread before doing all that shit, you'd see Voobly (the program we are currently using) has a built in fix for it. All of that stuff is completely unnecessary, useless, and will not affect anything while we're playing on Voobly anyway.

15. Timon Savages' favourite german

Ye, and if you had looked at Darks' last post you would've noticed since he has probably got it working without voobly it might be necessary in the future. ;)

16. Gaw discord is my friend now

Yeah, and if you had looked at my post before the Voobly transition, you would see I had already made clear instructions on how to get windowed and fullscreen native resolution working perfectly, along with fixing the pink colour glitch in a non-retarded way.

17. Timon Savages' favourite german

Actually i don't see anything like that.
    Also i prefer to do stuff without extra progs, especially if you can do it without any problem with a little batch...
    Don't actually see your problem with an alternative way, especially if it could come in handy in the future.

//found what you meant, but like i said, i prefer a way without extra prog.

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

You only need to download one exe, run it once, and then you are completely done with the whole thing. You run that one program that once time and you're all set, you won't encounter the pink colour glitch again - far superior to your method of completely turning off Windows Explorer.

19. It's looking like Voobly will be the main focus for now, falling back to Hamachi if we need to resume a savegame

20. Gaw discord is my friend now

God fucking damn it, how many times do I need to edit this thread with different instructions :eng99:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. age of empires 2 1080p

2. aoe_tc_vegmod_en.zip

3. master age of empires

4. aoe2 windowed,
  5. master age of empires 2,
  6. aoe2wide.exe,
  7. download master age of empire 2,
  8. master age of empire,
  9. master age of empires ii,
  10. age of empires 2 1280x1024