Aion? the "apparant wow killer"

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Cookiecaster, 28 Jul 2009.

1. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Re: Aion? the "apparant wow killer"

I think it's gay you gave it up to go back to WoW.

2. Re: Aion? the "apparant wow killer"

+1

3. Spykodemon Disabled account

Why? he is perfectly entitled to have his own opinion.

4. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

So

What you're saying is that it death should have none of the logical setbacks normally applied to its occurence?

That's stupid.

Edit: Yes ok I'll join in. I think it's gay how WoW.

5. Re: Aion? the "apparant wow killer"

Losing a small amount of XP which can be recovered easily next to any resurrection point I've seen beats WoW's system of permanently making your items unusable until you find a repair-enabled vendor, which are rarely near resurrection points.

6. Re: Aion? the "apparant wow killer"

Well I think that the WoW system is better, although not perfect. The whole purpose for a system like this is so it's an inconvenience, where in Aion the whole system is pointless, you die and lose XP but you can get it back?
    You even die and respawn right next to vendor, so there is no inconvenience, IMO it would be much better if you couldn't get the XP back, that way it's more of a challenge.

7. Re: Aion? the "apparant wow killer"

You have to pay huge amounts and move at reduced speed for a minute or two

Also some of the XP you lose is unrecoverable - about 25%.

8. Oli

I think this is the best time to "attack" WoW because at the moment 50% of players have nothing to do(me as well) because Raids are no challenge any more. You can now do 25raid with PuG(pick up group) random players. I hope WoW will be finally defeated but after I will sell my account :D.
    AoC is really fun game but there are a lot of 13year-old. Funniest thing is that AoC is Norwegian game but 80% of players are Polish people because It is one of two MMORPG translated into polish ^^

9. Re: Aion? the "apparant wow killer"

Yeah AoC was good, but I got bored of it because no one I knew other than my brother played it. :<

10. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Death is more than just an inconvenience.

It's an absolute hassle.

11. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

not realistic enough, your character should be deleted when you die.

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

Anyone else playing this now? :P

13. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

14. Spykodemon Disabled account

This was indubitably the worst 'WoW killer' I have ever seen.

15. Com join me on Aion mmoRPG is f2p not p2w, dl frm http://www.aionfreetoplay.com join on NEXUS server (its not full) its korea mmo skill level: asian, bit of a grindfest at times but easily overcome with fiendship (keke)

the pvp is p.good actually, if youve ever played WoW or any other mmorpg and thought "gee whizz i wish there was more world pvp" you will like aion. bout it, f2p, something to do.

16. Merged threads

Also tried to get back into Aion a few months ago, despite the big graphics update it's still the same game underneath, fun until you hit level 20

17. I found it fun until level 30 idk wtf you were doing bro but srsly......

e: thx for the merger nxt tm i wil add ? to my vocab

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)