AMD Radeon HD5800 series

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Obaruler, 14 Sep 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

AMD Radeon HD5800 series

Well, of course the bigger PC HArdware Sites allready have their test samples of AMDs new GPU generation, but they are not allowed to talk about it because of a NDA ......... so my fav. ger. gardware site - PCGH.de - is going another way: Linking to other sites that post "rumours" about the real hardware facts - its just a coincidence that these rumoured specs they are collecting and presenting us there on their site are the real ones they allready know ^^

So, here for those of you, that might be interested in these cards:

AMD Radeon HD 5870:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres the Specs:

[​IMG]

And the first Benches (PCGH.de [inofficially ^^] confirmed these benchmarks, they have 2 of them but are not allowed post own benches yet) :

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The HD5870 is supposed to cost arround $400, HD5850 is rumoured to cost $250 .....

BUT (!) the guys of PCGH.de have posted some stuff about the coming GTX380 as well (in the internal forum only), and that card will beat the crap out of the HD5870, allthough the Radeons is allready a monster of a card ......

Only negative point so far (until the GTX380 will blast her away): Its almost as noisy as the HD4870 >_<

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

Fuck AMD, Nvidia & intel FTW.

3. Poxie Ray-Banned

Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

Had ATi for 3 years, never REALLY like them. Driver issues always meant performance below what it should. The price is attractive though.

4. Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

The 5870 looks good but ill wait for proper reviews of the 5870 and gtx380 before i make up my mind on which to buy

5. Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

Just when I was planning on building a new PC D:

Guess I'll have to wait a bit.

6. Knud Phat beats only

I do like ATI/AMD (Drivers) though..
    Nvidia GFX drivers are so-so.
    Chipsets from nvidia always gives me troubles ..

I did see that card in real life already :)
    Went to a reviewer last friday and they had the card there already. Its HUGE!!

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

Would be completely overkill for me obv, a 4850, maybe 4830 would do me.. Although knowing me, If I was upgrading I would go for the 4890 or if there was 5010 I would get that..

8. Spykodemon Disabled account

What the hell is an AMD radeon

9. Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

Exact opposite for me here :)

- Blue goes through a constant nightmare getting drivers for his 2600 Pro
    - I get a performance increase with each update on my Nvidia card
    - I've been running a stable RAID 0 for over 2 years on my Nvidia 650i SLI clipset.

10. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

+ It seems like you need the newest Catalyst driver for ANY new game that you wanna play, otherwise, you get freezes, performance drops, graphic bugs .....

+ Its like going through hell if you are looking for a stable Linux driver for Radeons - hevent tried that for more than a year know, but i made the experience, that Radeons seem to hate my Kubuntu installation, so im glad that nVidia is way better supporting Linux distributions with decent drivers. =)

If you use an nVidia card, even a 1 year+ old drive is running EVERY new game without any bigger problems, recent drivers just increase the performance a lot.

Good morning Spyko, i think you slept a bit too much the last 2 years .......

AMD bought Ati, now they are gowing to remove the "Ati" brand and fill "AMD" in it, so its called "AMD Radeon" now ;)

11. Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

- I much prefer ATI/ AMD personally - I've never had any problems with either company, but I hate, hate, HATE the Nvidia drivers/ control panel... it's shite...

I'll probably be going ATI for my next card, if for nothing else then just for a change, although it depends on what's the best for price: performance at the time :3

12. Spykodemon Disabled account

I know AMD bought them :P Didn't know they are changing the names though. :)

Thanks for informing me. :roll:

13. Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

Yeah my next cpu/mb upgrade will be AMD, phenom x4 955 dam good for the money.

14. Fromage "The Cheese"

ATI doesn't work in any 3D application I tried, just gets loads and loads of crashes (and according to the dump file it was the GPU drivers that crashed it..) Nvidia works soo much better. For games it seemed somewhat the same in peformance/stability (the ATI cards seemed a bit cooler as well, Nvidia tend to run very hot)

Erik

15. Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

I was always of the opinion that AMD processors were microwave ovens. I've had tons of PC's with both AMD, ATI, Nvidia and Intel which were both mixed and matched and IMO the partnership of Nvidia and Intel worked best.
    I've had more AMD processors die on me than I want to remember.

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

Processors, maybe, dunno never tried them. :) What I talked about was the GPU, it was on like 30-40 degrees on my computer, my nvidia usually reaches 50 in idle.

Erik

17. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

You forgot about the P4 central heating ?! You could bake a cake on it AND heat your whole house with it ....

18. Re: AMD Radeon HD5800 series

Blue's P4 used to idle at 95C IN THE BIOS before I replaced the thermal paste :P

Surprisingly it survived through all that, other than cutting out randomly and refusing to turn on for half an hour or so.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hd5800 running at 40 degrees

2. hd5800 series

3. amd radeon mobility hd 5800 is good for gaming

4. amd radeon hd 5800 series specs