Android Phone Talk - Z5

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Dan, 4 Nov 2015.

1. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Yo, I have an iPhone 6 and basically I smashed the fuck out of the screen and instead of fixing it, I'm going to give it to my sister and let her sort it out and explore the world of Android.

Now the Z5 has been released, do I buy it or not? Should I buy an S6/Edge or not? Or a G4? Or what?

I don't know shit about Android, like actually nothing.

People who know your shit, break it down for me with pros and cons.

Not really interested in the premium, I spotted the Z5 on Amazon for like £470 and that's real nice. I don't fancy paying a premium for the higher res.

Also, when(if) I get the phone, what are some must do things? Do I want as stock Android as possible?

For those of you who switched from iOS over, how do I do it easily without wanting to kill myself?

Many thanks.

2. Gaw discord is my friend now

Would recommend watching MKBHD's reviews seeing as you're switching over. He is very in-depth, and always compares features between both Android and iOS devices alike as he uses both. He has reviews for the S6/Edge and the G4. No Z5 review yet, as he actually uses the phones for a couple of weeks before posting a review. I would expect it soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

not me but my brother had an iphone for about 3-4 years i think, and for his last birthday he got an android phone. I showed him the ropiest of ropes, but he knew how to do basically everything in about 3 days. this is what i assume will happen to you if you are capable of googling your problems.

same thing happened with my mother but she's much more technologically inept, so with me showing her how to do some basic stuff, mainly just downloading apps, and showing her how to do basic functions (calls, messages, email etc etc) she also had no problems really, and can do everything that she needs to do by herself, so this shouldn't be a big problem for you.

4. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

I was really talking about operating the phone, I got that shit on lock down. More about, is there any way to transfer all of my stuff over without wanting to end my life?

If I have to sit and manually copy my contacts over... I mean, I'll do it but I'll want to end it all afterwards

5. Geit Coding wizard!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. -M-m- herpderp

Id look at motorola's phones or the google nexus phones out of personal experience with stock android.
    Though it shouldn't deter you from avoiding the highend phones from sony as they tend to be rather clean when it comes to the system.

Despite being on the first gen motorola moto g with no micro sd slot.
    (8 gb rom on my phone so about 5.52 gb with no apps or files on it is what you have as storage in total.)

It still tugs along fairly well with just a small amount of programs running at a time (Ive limited it to max 2 active processes to save on battery a bit as well)
    Like google's * play music * and chrome with max 7 tabs works fine with little to no slowdown.
    (some spam ads slows down the phone quite a bit though)

Certain simpler games and emulators with play music in the background works fine as well.
    Also recently got a android 5.1 update which is fairly recent as android 6.0 hasnt been out for long.

I've been thinking of Wileyfox Storm as a replacement for my Moto G, as i feel its lacking a bit of storage + the battery is starting to drop on capacity a bit.
    might just buy a battery and another usb drive with micro usb on one end to stick with it a while longer as theres not really anything that is a problem otherwise.

If you can wait id look at the review from the youtuber gaw mentioned that does reviews.

7. Z5 is a great choice, but keep the Compact in mind if you prefer a smaller phone

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Better than like, S6 Edge?

9. if you're new to android go for a stock experience - which Sony pretty much offers and Samsung is one of the furthest from

anything else is a big downgrade from iOS

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)