Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Dark, 8 Mar 2009.

1. Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

It's not completely finished yet (new map (thanks to Geitiegg), proper beachballs, integration of all the models and shit into the map, and working score are all to come) but you can still give it a try on server 7. :D

[whine]

Don't expect it to be perfect - Valve don't allow player model changes in TF2 so I had to spawn a prop_dynamic and move it each frame to follow the player's position/angles and also manually animate it based on what buttons are being pressed (unfortunately srcds doesn't support all the hl2 animations so I lost my cool swing animation when you hit the ball :(). This means that there will be a slight delay between you moving and Haruhi/Konata following. You can also look behind you and see yourself, which is unavoidable.

[/whine]

Anyway, 750 lines of code and counting (still quite a bit to go to beat TF2SK's 2100 lines :P)

And once the scores are working you'll be able to see Konata in "sexyidle" stance :D (yes, that's an official HL2 animation :P)

Attached Files:

2. Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

OMG that's awesome! :shock: The character models are really good too which is a shock :o

3. Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

:o

anyway
    that was pretty funny last night ^^
    btw i noticed that when i rejoined teh light suddenly was much brighter, and it got even more bright when you look up into teh air, especially when you looked to the falling ball

anyway

we gotta play this more XD

*ball rolls out of field*
    ''okay this does not look good here... uhm..'' XDDD

btw: i know why you guys made this ;)
    (see screen XD)

Attached Files:

4. Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

server 7?

ip plz.

it wont show up on steam :|

edit:ip been put on topic name. thnks

5. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

ha cool i gotta try that :P.

6. Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

v2 of the map (mostly thanks to Geitiegg :)) and v0.3.0 of the plugin are now up and running :D

Changes include:

• Now set on an awesome looking desert island with cool custom water textures[/*:m:clq8db34]
    • Proper beachball model :D [/*:m:clq8db34]
    • Fixed score system[/*:m:clq8db34]
    • Added admin-only music commands: abv_hare, abv_electro, abv_redalice[/*:m:clq8db34]
    • Added ball fix command: abv_fail[/*:m:clq8db34]
    • Added new coordinate-based 'out' detection - now detects when the ball physically passes out of the arena area, rather than detecting when it touches the ground outside.[/*:m:clq8db34]
    • Fixed a fuckload of bugs etc.[/*:m:clq8db34]

7. Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

Yet another dead mod added to the pile :<

8. Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

lol, shame you couldn't sort out the random crashing on the bot mod

9. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

It's kinda fun but my models of those Japanese girls didn't work, they were black and purple squared-like... Also, try
    Spyko mentioned it before...

10. Re: Anime Beach Volleyball :: 81.19.212.48:27043

I tried that and it failed - one team could hit the ball so far into the other team that they could never hit it back over the net again.

Also make sure custom model downloads are enabled and try restarting TF2 completely - that helped when Blue was getting missing textures on the ball.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tf2 volleyball server

2. beach volleyball anime

3. anime beach volley

4. anime beach volleyball game,
  5. tf2 volleyball server ip,
  6. anime volleyball serve,
  7. tf2 volleyball servers,
  8. anime beachvolleyball,
  9. spyko anime,
  10. new anime about volleyball