Another community challenge for you

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Th-, 2 Apr 2009.

1. Th-

Another community challenge for you

The idea of this challenge is less public than the previous one:

[​IMG]

Pick a class you haven't played much before, and learn to use it effectively. See the reasons why other people enjoy that class and explore the ways you can use it. If your main classes are currently primarily combat oriented (scout/soldier/demoman/heavy), I suggest you to learn one of the support classes next (pyro/engineer/medic/sniper/spy) and vice versa. Medic is a good class to know for everyone, for the purpose of finding out his weaknesses, understanding his movement and knowing how to act as his primary healing target.

You don't have to master all classes, which would take a considerable amount of time. The benefits of us all being competent in both combat and support roles is a tremendous asset for the future community matches, and it should increase the fun factor on our servers with even more people capable of playing both main roles. Come back to this topic to describe your new experiences with your learning curve. I for example have found new respect for the scouts capable of dodging and using terrain well while twitching their shots accurately... lots of things for me to learn there.

Open also for public community... so start unlocking the achievements!

PS: I would like to see Disco taking medic and solly with his main heavy routine =P, Game on buddy

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Re: Another community challenge for you

Engie and Spy it is then :lol: :( :lol: :( :lol: :( :lol:

3. Re: Another community challenge for you

Think im gonna take u up on that :3

guess ill be playing alot of engie then next couple of days

4. Re: Another community challenge for you

yea im been playing pyro over the last few weeks, <3 flare gun.

next class to practice on is scout, my weak class :(

5. Re: Another community challenge for you

I'm learning demoman as Solly is my no.1 followed by medic then engie.

6. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Re: Another community challenge for you

I think my best/strongest classes are scout, pyro, soli, demo, medic, sniper (not in any (favourite) order or so)
    Those are both main and support classes so which class would you recommend me playing?
    Cuz I accept the challenge Th :D (I wanna add more achievements to my signature :lol: )

7. Re: Another community challenge for you

I have already started this achievement a few days ago :P

I've been playing Medic almost exclusively because I'm one of the worst Medics in the world right now, and I hope to change that :P

8. Th-

For you Robbie I'd recommend honing your scout and soldier, and sniper too if you have a good aim

9. Re: Another community challenge for you

im getting alot of practice as medic

10. Re: Another community challenge for you

Well my classes are generally Demo, Medic, Engineer, Scout (not to say that I'm proficient in all of them, but they are the classes I enjoy playing and play often ^^) -- I think more practice in the existing areas for myself would be better than going for a totally new class... Although I've played a little bit of heavy recently and really enjoyed it so I may just give that a whirl on more matches :D

Savage

11. Knud Phat beats only

The only classes I almost never play are Spy and scout...
    Somehow they don't fit me properly...

But I'll try some more in the next few weeks :)

12. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

I don't know what "honing" is in English but in Dutch it's this:

http://www.de-natuur.be/foto/insecten/honing.jpg

made by:

http://users.skynet.be/bijen/HONINGRAAT.JPG

(I'd couldn't upload the pictures because when I tried to it said this: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.")

13. Re: Another community challenge for you

"hone - perfect: make perfect or complete; "perfect your French in Paris!" "A hone is a machine tool used in the manufacture of precision bores to improve the geometry, surface finish and dimensional control of the finished part. This process is called honing."

So it means that if you practice (hone) your skills as these classes you will get better :D

14. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

15. Th-

Okay then, just to be clear...

When you think you have reached a level with your challenge class that is about the same as your 1st or 2nd primary class, you can consider this challenge achieved.

Wait... :? that means I should be able to play scout on div4 level... dammit! :(

16. Re: Another community challenge for you

Thank you for those links, I have someone in my team who's decided to become our main demo (since we don't have one) and I'm sure those maps will be really useful to train that (demo is his least played class ^^)

17. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Np mate. Also, if you'd like to download other training maps, simply go to fpsbanana.com, go to the TF2 section, maps, and search for "tr" or "training". I think there'll be more than just the 2 I listed.

For training against real ppl (which is harder of course), play bbal (ctf_bball2). There you'll find a lot more advanced solies/demos than in regular pubs

18. Th-

These should keep Robbie busy for some time... but by all means any public community member can start working on these, should be fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  19. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Wow finally some hard ones Th :lol: thnx for that ;)

I already got some of those :D

Including:
    • I am the scout here![/*:m:2xujj6oy]
    • I don't use a fastfire script...[/*:m:2xujj6oy]
    • Firewall[/*:m:2xujj6oy]
    • This guy is everywhere[/*:m:2xujj6oy]
    • I've got your back[/*:m:2xujj6oy]
    • Coal becomes a diamond [/*:m:2xujj6oy]

Th, I haven't dueled you so far but I've dueled Piss many times, so when I see you again, we duel! :evil:

20. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Btw Th, if you continue making these I will continue (trying to) achieving them but my signature will grow endlessly long (maybe too long), and I can only use 5 url's... (already have 3)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)