Anyone fancy a GM-internal highlander this weekend?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Th-, 4 Dec 2008.

1. Re: Anyone fancy a GM-internal highlander this weekend?

Could we include the new version of balloon race I'm working on? :D

2. Re: Anyone fancy a GM-internal highlander this weekend?

<snipped>

:o

:lol:

darkie making a map :)

i'll be free tomorrow night.(if it still on :| )

3. Th-

Re: Anyone fancy a GM-internal highlander this weekend?

Dunno about you guys but that was the most fun I've had in TF2 up to DATE!
    Setup:
    Team 1

1 dark
    2 genesis
    3 eon
    4 anathema
    5 bennett
    6 blue
    7 pissmidget
    8 target
    9 hirvisorsa

Team 2

1 zonk
    2 krulltrotten
    3 azured
    4 udie
    5 mextor
    6 th
    7 alpha
    8 mcpeanut
    9 bun

Started with Gravelpit 0-2 everyone enjoying the game to the fullest, Granary 0-1 where Team 2 won with timelimit, the 25-minute Round 1 it was as even as ever. We were about to call it a night but the crowd voted 18 to 0 for a 3rd map. And Badwater 0-2 was also a ton of fun. On this setup everyone started the game with their 1st or 2nd choice of class and between the maps we made some changes, some even on the fly when needed and I don't remember any complaints as in none. Maps were chosen with the method of everyone nominating one preferred map and the 5 most popular maps were put to a vote - was rather easy since there were only 5 nominations even with 18 players. Server settings were all fine and voting processes worked very smoothly no problems in the administrative side whatsoever. BIG THANKS TO DARK for exceptional work today! Thanks for Overdrive and Disco Indigo for subbing our guys who had to go in the middle of the game, thanks also for the beloved guest star Mextor! Thanks to Pissmidget, Anathema and Eon for helping me out b4 the match!

Special thanks to Walking Target and Genesis for seriously helping me find several skilled and nice players who definitely made their part in the good spirit tonight, your effort was priceless lads!

Ah that was fun. Lets do it again some time. Good night, Th out.

4. Re: Anyone fancy a GM-internal highlander this weekend?

That was great fun, thanks for organising it Th :) 25 minutes for 1 round of Granary was epic ;p

5. Re: Anyone fancy a GM-internal highlander this weekend?

My apologies that i couldn't make it on Saturday, due to some unexpected complications my internet was down most of the day

6. Bun

Suuuuuuure Spyko. ;)

7. Re: Anyone fancy a GM-internal highlander this weekend?

The GM Balloon Race map is completely bug-free now so if we could have it as one of the maps tonight that'd be awesome :D

8. Th-

While some people might certainly enjoy the map, it's not the type that fits with matchplay. I'd rather not play any "fun" maps, only official and well detailed/balanced customs with proper objectives.

9. XOo

about the higlander today is it today to be sure ?

10. Re: Anyone fancy a GM-internal highlander this weekend?

just imho, but we can play as many rounds/maps as we want, right? :)

11. Th-

Well the Sunday match was also a ton of fun. Maps and setup:
    Fastlane 1-0
    Turbine 2-17

Team 1

1 Bamm
    2 garion
    3 iBunny
    4 Lienk
    5 Bennett
    6 eon
    7 th
    8 dark
    9 uncle dave

Team 2

1 myke
    2 mextor
    3 Zero
    4 sandman1895
    5 Disco
    6 blue
    7 fastjohn
    8 xo
    9 spykodaemon

Ahh that was a blast. Several fine player performances from both sides, and in Team 1 we even managed some serious teamplay activity too... In the Fastlane Team 2 dominated pretty strongly, our counterattacks were futile and after a long while of fighting you eventually pushed us back and capped the last point - that was a long round like in Granary yesterday. In Turbine however Team 1 stepped up its game and had a firm grip of the map... As Disco said it was very hard to fight for middle since other side was so firmly locked by LienK and Eon. Fantastic performance from XO, the sniper who kept the enemy pinned down painfully often.

Thanks for all who made the night as enjoyable as it was. Next week again perhaps. Other thoughts, anyone? How was the game from your perspective?

12. XOo

Well the first map was fun good team play and everything. But the second that was just to laugh about, but grate time hope i can make it next weekend.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)