Application for being an admin by -m-m-|

Discussion in 'Administrator Applications' started by -M-m-, 4 Jun 2015.

1. -M-m- herpderp

Doing it according too the application form.

In-game name: |GM| -M-m-

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/miniz1994/

Location: Sweden in the province called Dalarna in a little town called Långshyttan 24 - 26 kilometers outside of Hedemora which is connected too Långshyttan for some reason (wasnt much of a kid that paid attention in geography...)
    (Since i have 4g though it displays a completely different location.)

Game(s)/Service(s) you are applying for: TF2 orange and probably can pop in occationally on the other servers if theres any need of assistance and if im online at the time. Im rarely offline when im home but it happens.

Why do you think you need to be an admin: (small correction there)
    Lots of people know who i am on the orange server and i am quite active in the forums as well at this point.

And addiitonal assistance from me can be helpful, considering i get on the server quite fast.
    (4G and running the game on an SSD at the moment.)
    And usually stay in contact with any admins at the moment if i need their assistance as it is now, but they cant always be there to deal with the occational kid not paying attention to the rules.
    Or the random foreign kid not realizing his mic is on constantly spamming in their mic or ghosting on the prophunt server as we've all seen and heard before.

Why are you more suitable than other applicants:

Not sure really but figured id give it a go, and i am already in good contact with a few other admins.
    At the moment i got For example: Sim,Mei,Langers,Country,NLspeed on my friendslist at the moment. And i usually get to them first if theres any need of their assistance. (i usually try to give out both name and steamid if im fast enough to catch that.)

+ A few good friends of mine did this.
    https://www.change.org/p/m-m-for-admin-become-a-gm-admin
    only 8 people with me on it as it is now but shows that i do have support outside of what im writing here to try to become an administrator.

Current and expected activity level on the games/services in question:
    Activity level could be almost daily as it is now.
    Ill try too keep doing that during the summer as well.

Ofc i wont be on the server when theres a thunderstorm outside hindering me from even connecting too the 4g internet i have now.
    (Occationally (not sure if spelled correctly) They shut off the power too the 4g antenna in our little town here to spare it from the lightning a bit more) Or if im on a vacation/birthday party i cant really join either

Current and expected activity level on Mumble: None since i do not have a microphone, im also not familliar with mumble ive used skype a few times before i screwed something over and no longer can access my skype account or even install it lol.

Current and expected activity level on the forums: almost daily on the forums but not posting too often but i do read on quite a bit.

Any previous administrative experience: None so first time that i'll actually be an admin of some sort.
    (Well past basic network stuff on a virtual windows server machine rather then in an actual game.)

And i can no longer remember anything about network administraiton past basic commands any windows uses.

And outside of administration i can also give advice on hardware configurations when it comes too computers

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Loky Nox

Vouch! M is on the server almost always when I pop in there polite and nice even to people who are rude. Good luck bud :)

3. Hello there -M-m- - thank you for your application. As a long time member of our Orange server and overall nice guy I'm glad to see your interest in the position. I've forwarded your application to the Management team to vote on the matter.

I'll let you know the results as soon as I do.

Cheers

4. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Yep, probably my first choice if I had to pick an admin. Good luck!

(sssh, future applicants, obviously I'm just saying this to help -M-m- along; in practice I would pick you, so go apply now!)

5. Cactus The key is to never give up

Dear -M-m-,

On behalf of the GM's managerial team I'd like to formally congratulate you on becoming a server admin.

Cactus

(Owner of the Tropico Room)
    (The people's manager)
    (head admin of GMOD)

6. Cactus The key is to never give up

POST YOUR FUCKING CELEBRATING GIFS GUYS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  8. -M-m- herpderp

As ive been here nearly two years now as an admin (1 month away.) & Helljack being the only server manager thats active in the game still on orange.
    Maybe i could be upgraded too server manager ?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  9. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

You already have the necessary powers to uphold the server's rules. What on earth do you need a management role for?

Noclip? Head resizing?

10. -M-m- herpderp

Head resize mainly that ive been waiting on heh.

11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Oh. I though you were being serious.

I even made a new conversation in The Management section.

No.

12. -M-m- herpderp

Well i wouldn't be doing much different from what im already doing though jack. I'd just have access too head resize & noclip.
    Or is there other stuff a server manager has access too ?

Guessing im simply missinformed on the matter of what a server managers full role is.

Last edited: 8 May 2017
  13. -M-m- herpderp

Its what im looking forward too mostly ofc the head resize, but on a bit more serious note i can take on the role of a server mananger.
    Remembered a bit after the edit i did that its ofc the appeals & such that are a part of being a server manager.

14. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well, there is a bit of a difference.

There isn't a "Server Manager". There is a Manager, and then Server Admins.

Managers are (get the Optimistic ratings ready) the Community Leaders of this Community. We try to solve disputes, make the rules, and maintain a safe and somewhat friendly place for folks to gather.

Now, way back when when I was an Admin I really wanted to be able to spawn the HHHH. So, I bribed @Luna with an Unusual so I could use the command.

If I were you, I would talk to @Gaw and...convince him to make the command available to you.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)