Balloon race

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Geit, 16 Dec 2008.

1. Geit Coding wizard!

Balloon race

As Balloon race is reaching its final development stage i thought i would ask all of you for your idea and opinions for the map, with any luck i'll be able to implement them in the final 2 versions.

Thanks,

Geiti.

2. Re: Balloon race

Seems ok to me bud. Only thing I don't like about the map is the beggining; as its seems very easy to spawn camp with a pyro. Apart from that its all good :)

3. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Re: Balloon race

Yeah I hate the hangar XD completely manic..

4. Geit Coding wizard!

Spyko, if you don't have something useful or constructive to say, don't say it.

At the moment your coming over as a troll.

5. Re: Balloon race

Troll ?

He is no Troll

THAT IS A TROLL OMGWTFBBQ !!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  6. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

How about two separate hangars, one for each team, and their doors don't open until the game starts?

7. Re: Balloon race

No - constructive would have been you telling Geitiegg what those bugs are. Maybe you could help him finish the map by making a detailed list of all the bugs you have found so he can fix them?

8. XOo

What about no stats on the balloon race server ?

9. Re: Balloon race

+1

Btw Spyko its hard to make sharks kill you when you get close, atleast geiti managed to ADD sharks.

Imho the first versions were least buggy...

Oh btw Geit is there no way you can get a proper source of snowbowl ? I like it alotz ..o.O'

10. Geit Coding wizard!

Grouping does nothing spyko, you have to parent it, they are equally easy tasks though :)

11. Geit Coding wizard!

This "feature" was removed in gm13 (10 versions ago)
    Firstly, what the hell is a keyframe. secondly, the ships no longer collide at ANY point during the game.
    The flags, or the hologram? The flags have been fixed so they have the correct origin now. If its the hologram i'm going to need to know at which cp's this happens.

You were getting killed by the fans, this was fixed in gm18. you should hardly ever fall through the boat now. Also you have no idea what was causing that.

They have animations. They have no sprites, mainly because it would be hard to line up the particle systems correctly.

This should not be happening, and does not happen, the only time i've ever seen people getting killed by the sharks is when they swim too close.
    I think a fire that big would hurt anyone who got within 3m of it.

12. Geit Coding wizard!

I'll consult with Chuckstar, if he say's yes, i'll try and implement it.

13. Re: Balloon race

really appreciate all the work ur putting into the maps geiti =D thnx keep it up man

ps. is there any chance ud be able to add the xmas trees n such to snowbowl? if not dw, guud enuf as it is

14. Geit Coding wizard!

I could, but it would require me learning blender, which would probably take longer than 8 days:P

15. Re: Balloon race

Just add some christmashy theme on snowbowl ^^

16. Re: Balloon race

I've just finished converting an old HL1 xmas tree prefab+textures and I've added some pretty cool looking lights to it :D

I'll be adding this and some nice xmas lights scattered around the place to snowbowl tomorrow :)

17. Re: Balloon race

[​IMG]

Now work on the christmas music!

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  18. Geit Coding wizard!

I've done the music, it'll probably end up getting anoying very fast though.

19. Geit Coding wizard!

Right

Snowbowl has been updated to b2, added a christmas tree.

20. Geit Coding wizard!

Anyway, back on topic; Balloon race:

GM23 is stable and i've added all requested content so:
    Balloon race has been handed back over to Chuckstar who will be putting the final touches on it. After this is done Balloon_race_v2 will be made available and be put on the GM servers.

Special thanks go to:
    Chuckstar (Original Design, Feedback.)
    Darkimmortal (Ideas, Testing, Feedback, Texture work, Other stuff :D )
    BluePanther (Ideas, Testing, Feedback.)
    I am Nomad (Testing, Ideas, Feedback.)
    Fastjohn (Testing, Feeback.)
    Alpha (Testing, Ideas, Feedback.)
    Nuker (Testing, Feedback.)
    BeauChaotica (Testing.)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boinking ballon