Banned for... leaving?

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Chairful, 22 Aug 2012.

1. Well, I've been playing League of Legends since release, and this particular account has been in my hands for about 2 and a half years. It's gotten banned once before for a day about six months ago for flaming, so meh. But I got banned for a week again just now - I thought it was flaming, but then I looked at my match history and I realised I haven't really played with anybody but you guys in custom 5v5s lately, and I don't type when I talk to you.

So I looked into it and I apparently got banned for leaving games, which is weird because I haven't left a game in about three months. I sent an e-mail to Riot, because I got banned by leavebuster after I left a few spectate games and a few one-player custom games I made for myself to test which jungler was my fastest.

I'll keep this thread updated when Riot responds to hopefully lift the silly ban.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  2. hahahhhahahahahahha

3. Meanwhile there's a guy in my friends list who insults everybody with wishing cancer upon their families and he hasn't been banned once :D

4. is it cactus

5. Cactus The key is to never give up

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Damn...we're a minority.

As a Caucasian Male, I've never been in this situation before.

7. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

I get tempbanned for a day for leaving games.

Mad?

8. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Maybe everyone's always banned the moment they leave a game, and unbanned the moment they launch said game? Maybe they just forgot to unban you then, Hellreaver?

9. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

What the hell are you talking about?
    no offence, but i think you shouldnt be posting about stuff you dont know anything about.

10. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

You'd be right, except that I wasn't being serious; I'm just in a joking mood. Maybe I should have included ':P' though, my apologies.

11. >playing a game where you can be permanently banned for simply leaving a game because the developers can't be fucked adding a substitute queue system

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. League of Legends is a once good game made by a company that once cared about its customers. Now, since the money is rolling in, Riot know that they can treat their customers like shit and still get money. They added a half-assed buggy leaverbuster system and they introduced the Tribunal so the shitty community can police itself, thus making it a worse environment to play it, so they they don't really have to bother about banning people.

Champion balance is also going south lately, with Riot more interested in making skins for champions and making new, generic, uninteresting champions instead of a new map/balancing the champions.

13. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Dota 2 out. Play with that.

14. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Clearly companies can only focus on one thing at a time.

15. Your answer may be here Hellreaver. Supposedly, a number of people across the community have received 7 day bans this week and it's for spamming false reports, haha. Perhaps over the months you've reported a few too many "OP" champs? :P

16. Oh, well I don't report that often, althoguh I don't hesitate much to report somebody when I think they deserve, because I never thought it was bannable. I always thought that in the 10% that they didn't deserve it, they'd just get punished. But, to be honest, I'm all right with something like that. Although it is very retarded that you use a system Riot encourages you to use, and I got banned when the OP got banned for spamming HUNDREDS of reports over the last few weeks (I doubt I've reported people 100 times in three years), at least I know that I didn't get banned for flaming. I've been improving a lot since my first ban six months ago. (This is my second.) Still, it's stupid that they didn't warn everybody, first, though, as nothing was ever said about this type of thing.

Edit: Many people of the thread mirror my opinion. For example: I used to report a lot for nonsense stuff, but my reports in the last few months have been saved for toxic players only. Why am I getting punished for this now? If you look at my reports, you'll see that most of them are for violations of the summoners code. Now, if you look at them from around a year ago, they'll be for frivelous stuff, and I've since changed. Why ban me now when I am reporting for legitimately toxic players these last few months? Or even: What determines a "false report" though? If this is why I was banned, without any sort of warning or explanation, and it is all based on whether or not all of my reports result in actual bans for others then I'm just never going to report somebody again. Do you have any idea how many people say "go ahead report me it does nothing anyways, I've been reported a million times".

This is not fair or right, especially without any sort of warning or explanation. Now there is no incentive to reporting somebody (widely regarded as ineffective to report somebody), and incentive not to (you will get banned for doing so).

It's also funny how the cunt of a riot employee added a smiley to the end of his sentence when explaining to us how they're fucking twat cunts and decided to ban us for trying to make the community better. I write long description for every report - and this happens. GG.

17. And even better, it's based off a fucking algorithm.

Edit: In a mother fucking nutshell:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington [​IMG]
    In short, we are issuing ban to people who spams false reports. Now we have gathered enough data, we believe it is time to act [​IMG]
    I will correct you're statement because i'm a nice guy.

"In short, we are issuing bans to people who reported players but did not result in that player being suspended even if they broke the rules. This happens because we rely on the tribunal (LoL players). Now we have gathered enough data going back months and months, we believe it is time to act and ban you for things you have done in the past. [​IMG]"

OR you could have had a red post on the forums introducing this and telling players that they will be punished if they falsely report now that this feature is implemented. And even:

Originally Posted by JerkyJerkMcJerk [​IMG]
    Congrats on guaranteeing that no one will report anything ever unless it is an AFK'r or racism.

Actually, blatant racism gets Pardoned in the Tribunal as well.

So, I wouldnt even report racism.

Trolls win. GG Tribunal, GG!

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  18. Fuck capitalism.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Mother fucking agree x1

20. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Would we get banned for calling you indian ingame? :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  21. Seems legit.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long is the ban for leaving in lol

2. how long do you get banned for leaving in lol

3. rolling aram leaverbuster

4. leaving spectate games ban,
  5. can you get permanently banned from league of legends for leaving games,
  6. leauge if legends cant leave if spectating,
  7. LoL leavebuster sucks fuck,
  8. fuck leavebuster,
  9. league of legends bans for leaving,
  10. how many games do u leave to get banned