ben55's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Administrator Applications' started by ben55, 4 Aug 2017.

1. In-game name: ben55 [GB]

Steam ID: benrobinson526

Game(s)/Service(s) you are applying for:
    #7 Orange X3 TF2 Server

Why do you think you need admin: I'm known by a lot of people on the server, and I am also very active on both the server, the forums and the discord. I believe that this makes me a suitable applicant, as I will be online and contactable for most of each day.

Why are you more suitable than other applicants:
    I am a very responsible person, therefore I believe that I have the right skill set to be a great admin. I am well respected by a lot of the players, and I help to bring new people to the server though various methods of promotion (twitch, twitter etc). I also know when to draw the line between someone spamming and someone just having fun. Additionally, I believe that I can detect even the best of cheaters, due to seeing multiple cheaters being caught in competitive leagues. I'm great at enforcing rules, but not in an aggressive way. In the past I have had to message admins to come on to ban/mute people, which just extends the amount of time they can harass the other players, ruining their experience, and possibly making them leave our servers. If I was an admin, I would be able to deliver swift justice to anyone who broke the rules.

Current and expected activity level on the games/services in question:
    I am currently very active on the Orange x3 server. If I was made an admin, you would expect to see my activity level increase, as I would feel more responsible for the players and the server in general. Even when I would be offline, I would keep a close eye on the Slothbox, and I would also always be available on steam via a message.

Current and expected activity level on Mumble: I am not very active on Mumble, as I believe that the Discord server is superior in many ways, for example, we can see the DSock messages. Also it allows players without microphones to still be able to interact.

Current and expected activity level on the forums:
    I am very active on the forums, as I try to reply to most posts. If i'm not replying to posts, i'm usually browsing older ones.

Any previous administrative experience:
    I have owned my own Minecraft server in the past, with around 20 regular players. Apart from that, I have seen how the other admins have handled certain situations in the past, and therefore I believe that I could handle all situations.

Thank you for reading my application, and I hope you take me into consideration.

Ben

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  2. We are currently discussing this within Management - we will get back to you when we have a decision :)

3. We've reviewed your application and decided to grant you admin privileges -- this is in light of our chronic lack of available and active admins, as well as your recent presence in Discord -- please check your inbox for further details ^^

4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

:buddy:

5. sunnar sunnar

Wow congrats ben :D

6. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

The management team and I extend our congratulations to you Ben, best of luck in the fields of justice!

7. Thanks mate :D

8. Thanks Sunny :dance:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)