Black & White

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BeauChaotica, 27 May 2009.

1. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Black & White

Mkay I don't know who can still see the forum anyway, but I thought I'd ask :P

Years and years and years ago I got the game "Black & White" and loved pretty much every second of it (the unloved being..mainly the unskippable tutorial).

However I never actually finished it, and I wanted to play it through again after finding Black & White 2 very good but..it doesn't have the same feel.

So I was wondering..does anybody have any idea how to get the original game to run on vista? Any ideas are much appreciated. I've tried various things including patches (in a lot of combinations), and different graphics settings but haven't had any success.

It's a little while since I actually last tried it so, unhelpfully, I can't remember exactly what the result was but iirc it just didn't run. Obviously the best solution would be if anyone had a Vista patch or somesuch =)

Thanks in advance. Also ITT we talk about Black & White.

2. Knud Phat beats only

Re: Black & White

Oh black and white.... Loved the feeling, but I couldn't even get pass the darn tutorial :s

Anyways, did you try the "compatibility mode" already and set it to XP or w2k?

3. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

Buy XP? :) Vista sucks to be honest, might give Win 7 a go but no more vista for me (have it at work and it sucks!) Maybe lionhead has released some patch for it? go to their site and see if they have an vista patch.

Erik

5. Re: Black & White

Vista is awesome if you tweak it right :/

So awesome in fact, I won't be updating to 7 until it is fully released.

6. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Well I have an XP machine, which was what I used to run it on, but it's just so laggy etc etc

Is dual boot easy orrr

8. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

9. Geit Coding wizard!

aggreed

10. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I hate vista but I like windows 7.
    :geno:

Duel booting would sound like an easy way to fix the problem though.

11. Re: Black & White

Black and White... I spent many an hour (or several dozens) playing that game. Loved it. I think I got to perhaps the third map? Or fourth? Basically we were on an island where you have at least two enemies, both of which are very tough with very tough creatures. And... long story short I got bored because my tactics sucked. Great game though...

12. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

I got to erm..where you return to the first (tutorial) island with the meteors and the lightning and the armageddon BLEHGHHGHG and failed.

And where do I get a copy of XP from? :P suggestion for a good partition manager?

13. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

14. Re: Black & White

No Need to Dual-Boot I have it running on Vista.
    http://www.vistareadygames.com/showthread.php?t=93954

Also Vista is shit, it doesn't matter how much you tweak it, the OS is fucking shite.
    Windows 7 on the other hand, looks, feel nice and is fast, but W7 is what Vista should have been.

And yeah Black and White 2 was no where near as good as the first.

15. Fromage "The Cheese"

You can always buy it?.. I bought mine from komplett.se (win XP X64 pro) for like 150$. It's not that bad I think.. the warezed ones i tried previously always caused bluescreens and crap, a clean XP works soo much better. :)

Erik

16. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

17. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

He was most likely looking at the thousands of bad copy's of XP blackedition (which is an amazing OS if you can find a stable strain of it).

18. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

19. Re: Black & White

When I want performance (e.g. on my laptop) I just install vanilla XP, disable a fuckload of services and install Tuneup Utilities and Diskeeper. Doesn't get much faster or lighter than that.

It'll happily restore from hibernation in under 10 seconds and boot from cold to finished loading everything in about a minute.

20. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well it was a long time ago but I'm not a big fan of warezing either. Stopped downloading illegal stuff quite a while ago so.. I'd like to support the buisness I'm working in myself rather than take things because I can. There is so many freeware programs/open source projects out there that is worth a shot (open office instead of regular office for instance..)

Anyhow warezed releases is always crap cause either they have malware or other things in it or it will just be buggy in general.

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black & white vista patch