BoB clan vs GM highlander team, Sunday the 8th of Feb

Discussion in 'Events' started by Th-, 6 Feb 2009.

1. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Re: BoB clan vs GM highlander team, Sunday the 8th of Feb

yea it really was a cool game, and I'm sure I learned a lot of the spy'ing. To bad the only place where you can really use the spy is in a highlander since pub's are way to spammy :(
    I'd love to do a match like this again.

I need to have some more patient. I rushed in a bit to fast sometimes. Great teamwork though, good directions and responses.

2. Re: BoB clan vs GM highlander team, Sunday the 8th of Feb

Well this was an excellent game - teamwork felt very tight despite this being the first time we've all played together in this way. I think this was down to good communication and also the immediate action that was taken on calls / tactical positions as and when they were given. However they were not a strong enemy, their medic in particular was poor - don't expect many other teams to have such a battle-medic.

What did I do well? Ubersawed some spies, healed a bunch of people and dropped a load of ubers. I was well protected from all classes except the spy and occasional suicide-pyro rushes.

What did I do badly? Well....I switched an uber from Bennett onto a spy disguised as a demo, my bad :lol: That highlights one of the things we need to improve on - more awareness of the location and tactics of the enemy spy. In that game he was going after me and KJ almost all the time but he was still getting through.

Notes on teamwork: At times I was losing people - there wasn't enough reporting of position/situation from some people so I wasn't able to heal everyone. Also at times people were expecting me to run across open ground in full view of the enemy sniper to heal them - not going to happen people :) A clearer role for the pyro is needed - do we want him being permanently on defence covering the sniper/gun from the spy and ready to airblast ubers or do we want a more agressive role for him?

3. Th-

Re: BoB clan vs GM highlander team, Sunday the 8th of Feb

I noticed that I failed to use traps as a demoman as well as I could've. On gpit they came through A often without me killing any of them in the A-C corridors. I need to be a bit faster and watch my back for the spy more often. Another thing was as Anathema pointed out, that I spammed the comm channel with some useless messages... not gonna happen again.

A few times I managed to kill the battlemedic and perform a jump to the topside unnoticed to wreak havoc... the highlights of my game. :D

About our teamplay I gathered the same thing Sandy mentioned: our pairs could've sticked together more. When the fighting started we scattered too far from each other to be effective.
    The Comm channel was a problem for teamplay, we used it too much. I'm going to see if I can change our messages a bit so there would be less chatter and more space. We failed to implement some of the maneuvers mentioned in the other post because of this.

But yeah, we had a good time :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bob clan ac