BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Core, 8 Aug 2008.

1. BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

10 vs 10

Our match server will be used.

Copy this into the console:
    connect 81.19.221.10:27050; password OMGWTFBBQ

SourceTV:
    connect 81.19.221.10:27052

2 max medics, 2 class limit
    Maps will be cp_granary, cp_badlands and maybe a third map will be chosen if there is time (maps subject to change).

Post here if you would love to play.

7PM GMT = 8PM UK (British Summer Time) = 9PM (Central European Time)

In no particular order:
    1) Pissmidget - medic
    2) Darkimmortal - heavy
    3) Confirmed for Brawl - demo
    4) KJ (if he has the time) - Scout
    5) Disco_Indigo - medic
    6) Tricky - soldier/scout
    7) Bennett - heavy
    8) Th - soldier
    9) Anathema - demo
    10) Vacoy - soldier

Reserve:
    1) Bun - scout
    2) Core - demoman
    3) Alpha - no effin clue
    4) Fast John - heavy/soldier

2. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Ehem

I just came from PARIS - FRANCE for this ???

yeah well ill see if i can come as DEMOMAN

10th... thats sunday why not tomorrow ?

have plenty of time then

3. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

I'll play, any class any map ;)

4. Th-

Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Oh yeah. OH YEAH. Demoman or a soldier. I could kill for a rematch:)

5. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

I'll play - heavy

6. Bun

I'll come.

7. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

I'm in - Medic

8. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

So then - 2 squads of 5 men, 1 medic in each? Or do we need something more sophisticated given the importance of scouts in these 2 maps?

9. Th-

Do we go cp_granary or cp_pro_granary? Its quite a difference. Lets dicuss the tactics and the setup when we know the map. For pro scouts are invaluable but the normal one... we have to think about that.

10. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

I think 2 squads would work well in granary. Each squad takes left and right, scouts "scout" ahead and terrorise the other team, meanwhile the medic + heavies move forward, with the soldiers and demomen following behind. Soldiers need to try and get to higher ground and use it to their advantage. At the middle cap it might be a good idea to also cover both entrances from the enemy.

As TH said it in last night's training session, like a wave of water coming towards the enemy.

11. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Blue's too lazy to go on the forum, but yeah I'm pretty sure he'll come :P

12. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Ill play if nobody else wants to :)

13. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

I LOVE TO PLAY!
    heavy <3

14. Th-

I have a proposition for the BoB vs GM match:

On all maps we go primarily with 3 squads:
    -"Scouts"
    -work together most of the time, one of the scouts is the squad leader who chooses routes and priority targets
    -your primary tasks: 1) kill the medic or force the uber 2) kill the sniper 3) kill enemies moving alone 4) slow down enemy reinforcements 5) assist a loosing squad on either side
    -your speed makes you an invaluable strategic tool for the team leader

-"Bravo" take by default the LEFT SIDE and "Charlie" the RIGHT SIDE
    -a medic, a heavy/soldier, a soldier and a demo
    -medic must not die! stay in cover, mic recommended, your tasks 1) heal everyone in your squad, others when needed 2) keep everyone buffed, meaning that you change healing target every few seconds 3) uber when in grave danger, otherwise on team/squad leader's command, primarily on the heavy, but use your own judgement 4) don't die 5) make sure you don't die
    -soldier, the #1 fighting force (control the high ground)
    -demoman, 1) confine enemy movement with excessive use of stickies 2) continuous fire support to squad/team with nades where you see them most effective
    -heavy, area control + fire support + frontline, know when to have the shotgun out 1) firing position in a central or otherwise vital area 2) jump in the middle with uber and wreak havoc 3) primary targets: A-most dangerous to medic B-most dangerous to you C-in enemy bunches where most bullets hit something D-all enemies in sight (other than sniper when far away) starting from the closest one

We also need...
    A sniper: last point on granary, preferably all the time on badlands
    An engineer: on 2fort, dustbowl, fastlane both on offence and defence
    A pyro: only to defend a point on gravelpit or to keep a sentrygun safe from other pyros, soldiers and demomen (on gpit, DB and 2fort), and maybe to rush a crowded space with an uber
    A spy: well... IMO it takes away valuable time from 10% of the team's fighting force with a large risk to fail miserably, tbh I'd rather not use a spy at all

So the setup would look like this (only 1 sniper and 1-2 heavies needed at any given time):
    "Scouts"
    1) Scout / Sniper / Pyro
    2) Scout / Pyro / Engineer

"Bravo"
    3) Medic
    4) Heavy / Soldier / Sniper
    5) Soldier / Sniper
    6) Demoman

"Charlie"
    7) Medic (+kritzkrieg?)
    8) Heavy / Soldier / Sniper
    9) Soldier /Sniper
    10) Demoman

Give me a yay or nay on this. And have the current roster re-written with classes please.

15. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Excellent points - i'm with you on the spy front. If the other team are anywhere near organised then they will know who is who and which class on their team - spy = fail in this situation. Plus it will create an obvious weakness in one of the squads, I think it's setting us up for the loss. One thing we need to work out is contingencies for when things go wrong: if 3 out of 4 in Bravo squad die what should the remaining person left do? If it's the medic then should he go to Charlie squad for protection or leg it back to the spawn to re-group? Even worse could be if 2 die - should the other 2 hold their ground and risk being overrun (very possible if we are assuming BoB will be as organised as us) or fall back slowly to an easier point to hold/the other squad for support? Also command structure - do we need a designated chain for each squad or will the same person command when he's dead? Also do we need an overall commander? I.e. will one squad leader be subordinate to the other?

16. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

17. Th-

On the maps we play we primarily fight for ground, the control points themselves are secondary (except for the last one). We go as fast and as far as we can, and when enemy contact is made (this is the frontier, our line of forward defence) we fight them off. Once the opportunity arises we push to a further line of defence again and again until we are at the last point. It takes only a few seconds to cap so we block reinforcements while fighting our way to the point.

Now. Both Bravo and Charlie are responsible for holding one side of the frontier. In case we have a breach, it is important to contain it ASAP. These are the possible choices:

1) If the squadleader on the loosing side reports early enough the other squadleader or the teamleader can send assistance, the scouts for example who can arrive quickly.

2) If the enemy push cant be stopped, other squad sends a unit to assist if possible and scouts go harrass the enemies in the breach. The remaining squadmembers (if there are any) must retreat to a more easily defendable choke point.

3) If the other squad has won the fight on its side, it may go ahead and guard the entire frontier to block reinforcements. Our respawning players - no matter which squad they are on - need to seek and destroy the enemies in our flanks. There is a possibility that scouts slip through, in that case our points must be guarded carefully to prevent ninja caps.

4) In case the breaching contingent is very large, i.e. the entire enemy team has pushed other side, all teammembers must fall back to fight them. On that note if you see several (more than 5) enemies on your area report and dig in deep, demoman's role is very important in this scenario.

5) If they breach both sides the same time... well, individual players in GM should be roughly equally skilled with the Bob clan, so in order to win we must have a strategic advantage. Our squad system with a balance of classes is that advantage. If we are utterly loosing, keep thinking why is that? Assuming we play with class limits, there must be some other reason than overloading some classes. If they use ubers again and again successfully, we can consider a pyro to stop them. Also keep thinking your role in the squad, are you playing it as you should? A medic who thinks he is a scout is a no-can-do. Remember not to rush alone without the support from your squad.

About the squads loosing players - Remember that squad's manpower is not relevant, its the difference in manpower between the squad and the enemy in that area of the map . If the you are the last man standing, there is no reason why you shouldn't consider pushing further and holding an entrance while waiting for back-up.

18. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Bump reminder match today

19. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

I'll like to take a reserve place if there are any left?

I'm liking the scout alpha team idea Th-

Also, maybe use seperate vent channels for each team AND use ingame chat or like TS you can press another button to belong to a command channel where we all can listen and talk to each other?

Communication is the key as Dr Piss and others have pointed out.

Disco "Stabby Stabby" Indigo

20. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

yeah there two reserve places left it seems.

I'll take reserve place too.

8PM, got that!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)