BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Core, 8 Aug 2008.

1. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Disco_Indigo you're taking Alpha's place.

2. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

We should make a clear list, with player - class - team ;P

3. Th-

Ive been thinking about having several channels for different kind of communication earlier, if someone more familiar with vent and all that figured a way we could of course try it out... thats a good idea to have a separate channel for each squad. For example the scouts could communicate much more about the next course of action without disturbing others' comm, their play is so fast that they could severely overload a team-channel. With other squads it will work well too. The idea is that the teamleader gives an order on a team-channel, outlining the current strategy. Then the squadleaders start giving orders to individuals via the squad-channel (demo guard top and left, heavy here, medic buff the soldier now etc.) - If the system is clear and fluent it can make our communication more efficient and specific. But I think we should train our teamplay in real matches first and see how it works before we start implementing complicated mechanisms don't you agree:)

Other than that, I like the idea.

4. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

I've updated the first post with classes, the rest I need your classes too please.

5. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

heavy/solider for me

6. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Dang I just saw this. Ah well, if someone doesn't turn up maybe I can be on. Also:

We've already tried it talking on vent and ingame chat :D it's hard XD

7. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Just put me on something :>

8. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Please try to be there 15 mins before the match if possible.

9. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

and decide about TS/Vent/ingame m'kay.

10. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

and Bun, please make sure you won't get randomly disconnected whilst in the match...as many times previously...

11. Th-

Id say we go with vent today and see how it goes. But keep thinking about the multiple channels if we could use them later.

@ Pissmidget
    Yes we need squadleaders (later SL) and one of them could be the teamleader (TL). If most of you agree, I will take the position of the TL in tonight's match. We also need SLs, and I would like to have a word with all who are interested in being one. The tasks of the teamleader are mainly 1) reporting relevant info to TL and 2) deciding how to proceed with the squad. We do need several SLs and it would actually be beneficial to our teamplay to have every player with a mic to know how to act as an SL. That way we all understand all decisions better, BUT I must emphasize that once we agree on the leaders, orders can't be questioned. You see if several people in the same squad have leadership training and a habit of giving suggestions and questioning orders... its a mess.
    Some of the most important reports: TL - "Bravo, status?"
    "Bravo...
    ...full / heavy down"
    ...holding gate outside point 4"
    ...uber status 60%"

12. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Whoa im listed as DEMO???
    It's still in my info-thing on the website isnt it? To be honest i havent played demo in ages and compared to my skill as soldier i think its like saying my grandma is the best CSS player in the world :D
    If i have to play demo ill just dissapoint everyone by being the most useless player in the history of TF2, and online games in general. :)

13. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

lol,
    k you play as spy then ;)
    no, jk.
    Practice Medic or Soli or Sniper (the classes i want to use you in F) if possible.

14. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Okay Bun I'm sorry but I've put you as reserve due to your internet disconnection issues. :(

15. Bun

lol wut

It's fixed now.

16. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

To much Public randomness

I´m out from 10vs10 matches, to many people

17. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

Demos up as always. Good night and cya laters, school starting tomorrow.

18. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

i was out :oops:

how did it go?

:roll:

19. Bun

FAIL.

20. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 10 August @ 8PM UK Time (7pm GMT)

now what?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)