BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

Discussion in 'Events' started by Core, 20 Jul 2008.

1. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

and i cant as i'm on holiday :S
    ask Bun/Sexsi/Brawl too, everyone who *can* shall post here ;)

2. Bun

Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

I'm already on the list. ;)

3. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

i meant Bun*ny* :D

4. Bun

Lol. :D

5. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

Bump - just a reminder

6. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

I'd like to play.

I'm in F team aswell, so happy for someone to take my place if you have too many players :)

Disco

7. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

Please let me know beforehand if you cannot make it tonight.

8. Protantus Original Member

I'll be there - will play whats needed 'cept spy because I really don't do that. Medic/Soldier/Demo perhaps

9. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

I'm here if needed, that map cycle looks fun. 8-)

10. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Just remembered I meant to ask if there is SourceTV, and btw I can still make it :D

11. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

SourceTV is "not" on the IP which is on top of the thread ;)

12. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

Replaced Dark with Tricky

13. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

GM
    -won in goldrush
    -drew in dustbowl
    -lost in fastlane

overall it was a draw

14. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

Sorry Guys,

I couldn't make it tonight as girlfriend wanted to come round and see me. What can I say, I am just a mere man who loves women!!!

Disco

15. Bun

*Raises my twenty bats*

Heh, no problem. Having fun with your girlfriends. ^^

16. Th-

Come on fastlane is GREAT - proper topography, multiple routes to everywhere and well balanced. Excellent for scouts, pyros, spies and everyone. The reason we lost though.. any thoughts? I have some that I'd like to share. Lets analyse the match shall we?

With the amount of players fighting, we had little chance of strong offence of defence. That is because of a number of reasons: There was lack of communication, all of us didnt even have mics. Since we hadnt practiced at all the teamplay, it was very hard to get the maximum benefit of the numerous classes. Specific classes only accidentally supported each other. The name of the game is quoted so often for the missing "Team" element on pubs - our game was only slightly more organized than they are on better-than-average pub servers. Enemy movement wasnt reported as often as it would've been best, and the they broke through our lines and left us disorganized. When we got the opportunity for a counter-push, there was no-one to call the push and the support maneuvers. Fastlane really is an excellent map to use a coordinated offence with unusually numerous routes. Here's something we could have done if properly trained:

The caller (the tactical leader) has knowledge of all areas of defence in fastlane, last point - upstairs, left side (downstairs) and the double doors. In this case suppose the situation is like this: the enemy tried to cap last point with ubers and we managed to stop them. Team members report "heavy-medic upstairs" "Ive got left side piped" and "double doors clear". The caller could now order team to "prepare to push, hold ddoors and left side" Then he would send help to upstairs if needed, wait for the report "upstairs clear". With the "prepare" command team would get close to their exit points so there would be about 2-3 at every exit, depending on how many are still alive. After that its simply a "PUSH NOW PUSH" and we have the point. Although we did recap the 2nd point a couple times, but that was more or less accidental from the teams point of view.

Now this is a serious problem that happened next: After we got the point there still wasn't anyone to mount an effective defence. The enemy reinforcements were on their way and immediately got through somewhere to take back the point. We never knew where they came. Saying for instance that "Myke and core hold the right side" (them being a soldier and a demo) would focus the attention of the rest of the team to the left side. Knowing that every route is guarded makes the job a lot easier.

Do you agree with this post at all ppl? Comments please, I would like to know who is interested in improving our teamplay this way, or if someone has other ideas, please do present them. This is the place. I for one am very interested.

17. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

@ Introduction: yeah, fastline IS great.

@ Paragraph1: There was really too less teamplay of most of us (including myself).

@ Paragraph2: You're right, there should be an organized hold position, and if enough of them died, head for the next point. If just single persons attack, they get slaughtered to easily but a coordinated team, leaving holes in the defense. A all push is still risky, since the defence gets bypassed much easier on offense, but without a push there you can never hold the last captured point, since you team is too spread out. It's just not easy to communicate that much information of 10 ppl without having the voicechannel overloaded (so you can't get any information, due to overinformation)

@ Paragraph3: uuum, see @ Paragraph2

@ Outro: it will be hard to accomplish proper teamplay for 10vs10 matches, since we don't have a static lineup, and people aren't used to each other. The more people play in squads, and the better the squads get, the better the 10vs10 occasional teams will be.

BTW: i still can't believe how much i sucked today :\ i'm really a good squadleader... (ironic)

18. Bun

I think 10vs10 still is to many. :roll:

19. Re: BoB vs GM Sunday 27 July @ 9PM UK Time

the game is made for 12v12 ;)
    my idea (and if i were on, i'd have said that) would be a 10v10 with 2 medics, but all other classes only 1 :D

20. Bun

2 medics, and 2 scouts. Rest is 1. :D

Still, on pubs 12vs12 is perfect, on clan matches 6vs6 is perfect.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)