Breaking Point

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Mister Spuds, 12 May 2013.

1. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

[​IMG]
    Hey everyone, recently a friend of mine has introduced me to a DayZ mod called 'Breaking Point'. I watched a few videos explaining the difference between the original and the mod, to which there is a huge difference with more 'to be added' mechanics in the future.

What do they currently have added in the game? Well let me tell you son:
    • 600 more weapons added to the game along with 100 more handguns.
    • 20 more skins added to the game - so far it has been really awesome seeing such a diverse amount of skins players have been using when encountered.
    • 175+ new land, air and sea vehicles - and apparently more 'end-game vehicles' but I'm not entirely sure what this means.
    • More helicopter crashes sites with more diverse loot spawns - this has been changed a lot compared with the original, since helicopters now fly around a bit before they actually crash land and even then the spawns may variety from 'OK' guns to absolute bugger all.
    • City power grid systems - this is pretty cool as in places like Cherno or Elektro you can go to the power station and either turn it on so the lights will turn on or destroy it sending the cities into a blackout.
    • Base construction! - Yes, its true! You can build your own base, so far me and my friend haven't really looked into it but we frequently come across objects that can be used.
    • Logistics system - this means you have the ability to 'flip' vehicles, 'load in gear' so like putting a tent or crate onto your car which you can offload later, lifting vehicles with helicopters, move objects and automatic refuelling - on some original DayZ servers you could refuel your car simply by sitting in a gas station but in this you have to manually get out and link your car/helicopter to the fuel tank which can come in handy when we acquire a helicopter.
    • New sound effects - you notice this all the time when playing BP, the number of times I've approached Stary and hear some new gunshot, which leaves me curious and scared to find out what type of gun it is.
    • Remove parts from vehicles - this is amazing when it comes to trolling, a great example is when me and my friend found a truck near a castle so we removed its wheel, when the group came back to their car it left them puzzled and standing right in the open which allowed us to pick them off one by one in a matter of seconds. It also allows you to somewhat safely leave your vehicle at your camp by removing a wheel so if people do come around when your not on, it can guarantee some safety.
    • Night fog/mist - this is a nice feature as it really does limit your ability to see effectively during night battles, however although it does look cool, those who don't have the best of computers will most likely experience in a FPS drop. But don't worry! All you need to do is equip some new camo and it will disappear.
    • New and Improved map, custom towns, cities, buildings, bases - this has surprising altered the game-play significantly. There are more buildings within cities and small towns to make it worth checking them out and has changed the usual play style of the game (equip at coastal cities, go to Stary, go to airfield) and now has added various bases with good loot to them along with 1 barracks in Stary which makes it a hell-hole for combat.
    • Although I've left it last... Tasers! - Yes that is right folks, a taser. When you spawn you start off with a taser with 3 ammo. Although it sounds unreliable or stupid, this little do-hickey has saved my life so many times and is hilarious to play with. Currently there are 2 mods, normal is where you just shoot the bastard and stun him with a 15-25 seconds of unconsciousness or 'drive-stun' where it acts like a melee weapon and only stuns them when you make physical contact.
    Now here is the to be added:
    • More skins/clothing, more weapons, more vehicles, more buildings, bases.
    • New zombies/undead - such as Bloodsuckers, undead hounds, nightstalkers (which we currently don't know what they look like).
    • New radio system - communicate with other players on the server who also have radios.
    • Clan Channels - talk/type to your Clan in-game over a private channel.
    • Speakers around Chernarus that can play messages and music - this apparently can be influenced by players by going to Green Mountain but first the tower needs to be repaired/activated which means it can also be destroyed/deactivated.
    • In car radio system - meaning you can either just chill and listen to music/message in your car or communicate with other players.
    • TS3 integration - the hell if I know what this is.
    • New kinds of helicopter crash sites/lootable spawns and a mother fucking lootable Aircraft carrier - Holy shit, I've wanted this my entire DayZ carrier.
    • Weight and tiredness system - everything will have weight which determines how much you can carry or how long you can run for. Along with tents and vehicles.
    • Sharks - Sounds weird but interesting at the same time.
    • Train - So far what I've gathered from impression/guide videos is that either a player can control the train and go around places that have rail roads or the train is constantly moving and will have loot, should a player be able to stop it.
    • A.C.R.E - For those who have played 'Escape from Chernarus' with us will know how amazing it will be with this mod on.
    • Holster Side-arms - so now when you managed to get the best of another player you can stop them pointing their gun at you while you interrogate them.
    • New player spawns - Depending on where they are going to be this should be very interesting.
    • Eat/drink/bandage/morphine/give yourself pain killers while in a vehicle at the same time.
    If I have managed to persuade you to play this game, your most likely asking yourself how to actually play this game...
    First all of .Net framework 4.5 is needed: I've got something for ya, here you go.
    Then you can download the actual updater/launcher it self: I am the Master Commander!
    From there all you need to do is download the game and occasional updater the launcher itself. Now usually the server me and my friend play is UK 42 because that is where we have set up our tents. For those who still use DayZ Datebase map, all the buildings are obviously still going to be there, however I'm not sure if you can still rely on the vehicle spawn locations, especially as there are new buildings there too.
    Take 050 077 as an example, there isn't anything there on that map, but in-game there is a new castle.
    So! If your planning on playing send me a message and pass this thread over to your friends as well, the more the merrier! Well... As long as it doesn't turn into another Irish War again; if you have any issues downloading or installing this contact me!
    Here is that wonderful fog at night:​

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Skele Scumbag Skele

You have to admit though that was really fun and i would like to do something like that again.
    We should get a GM Dayz server going again on this mod.

3. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

I'm not sure that will be likely as every server so far is run by them and all consist of them same private hive. I think they will most likely allow people to have them in the future, just like DayZ as it started off small and their own servers but now its huge so they don't mind people having their own servers.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Gaw discord is my friend now

Sounds amazing, I'm installing it now. Would suggest everyone else does so now, so that we can all start at the same point. Update your ARMA 2 through DayZ Commander first!

5. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

So far it has been a much better experience than the regular DayZ, especially when starting off. There hasn't been a single moment so far of me playing where I've been playing and suddenly out of nowhere been sniped, however this could just depend of my play style. And its pretty cool every time I've killed a player they have some new weapon I've never seen before, its like treasure hunting when you were a kid.

Also I forgot to add, a C130 can spawn on the airfields along with several other aeroplanes (apparently). Although its pretty useless as a vehicle to have, it will be amazing to fly around and get everyone attention on the server. I've convinced myself if I find it, I will fly around 'till my fuel gets low then crash myself into a highly populated city.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. If only I hadn't unninstalled ARMA II.... :bang:

7. I feel like this thread deserves to be updated

and what better way to update it than our one and only JACK STEINS YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My personal fav:

Plus some of his general Arma 3 videos:

Basically what I'm trying to say is get on here you nerds

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. breaking point vehicle spawns

3. breaking point custom controls

4. arma 3 breaking point vehicle spawns,
  5. difference between dayz and breaking point,
  6. breaking point map,
  7. dayz breaking point power station,
  8. breaking point helicopter spawns,
  9. dayz breaking point map,
  10. breaking point