Cactus' Application

Discussion in 'Administrator Applications' started by Cactus, 8 Jun 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cactus The key is to never give up

In-game name:
    [GM] Cactus

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:26423366

Game(s)/Service(s) you are applying for:
    TF2 (except Private/Misc servers),
    Garry’s Mod,
    Sprays Page.

Why do you think you need admin:
    TF2 – I believe that although we have many TF2 staff, who are willing to go online to deal with hackers, sometimes they don’t. I also feel that due to my nature of going to sleep early and therefore waking up early (8am-9am), I can manage the earlier hours of the day that may not be managed by current admins due to them waking up later.

Garry’s Mod – I believe that there are only three (although I may be wrong in this) Garry’s Mod admins, and if we are going to be getting different Garry’s Mod servers, this is going to be too few. I also believe that in case the current admins are inactive (e.g. Gaw when he was doing his exams last week), there will need to be another 2~ admins in case they are needed.

Sprays Page - I believe that many admins have stopped banning the nude/immature sprays and I would like to help by blocking these sprays.

Why are you more suitable than other applicants:
    Well, as many of you will know, I have been in GM for over 2 years (I got into the clan on the 13/08/2010 ) and I know what duties are involved and I know the commands needed to fulfil these tasks. As well as all of this, I will always quit the game I'm playing if someone tries to contact an admin over DarkiSock.

Current and expected activity level on the games/services in question:
    Whenever there is a game going I play on these games. I also try to start games such as TTT and fill the server to get them going. I tend to play TF2 Orange quite a lot whenever I can’t think what to play (quite often).

Current and expected activity level on Mumble: Pretty much whenever I'm on my computer, except sometimes in the mornings, where I watch a film/something on YouTube – when I'm doing this I'm always on steam and can be contacted there, as well as checking the forums every few minutes. If told that I'm needed on mumble I will always pause the video and will hop onto mumble until the issue is gone.

Current and expected activity level on the forums:
    All of the time, no question.

Any previous administrative experience:
    LSA in GM,
    Full admin on a Garry’s Mod RP server for about 2 weeks (until the owner decided to shut down the server and take all of the money he got from it – including the co-owners money),
    LSA in another Garry’s Mod RP server (that was taken down again after a week, due to not enough donations for the server to continue, and the owner couldn't afford to pay for it).

Extra:
    I’d also like to say that I would apply for Minecraft admin but I feel it is not needed. I feel that there are barely any hackers on our servers, and they are always dealt with (by Mysteryem usually) straight away. I would apply for Minecraft admin if one of the admins did step down, but I feel there is zero need for me or anyone to apply for Minecraft admin at the moment.

• Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Ravioli what?

Good luck man. :)

3. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Haha

4. Ravioli what?

I have tried to tell people about this by the way. I totally forgot about this. Thanks. :P

5. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I'm now going to violently wave my hand to grab your attention and say, I've heard jack shit about sprays not being blocked. :S

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Ravioli what?

... b-b-b-b-but... why? D:

7. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Because no-one has said anything to me, or made a post on the forums or anything.

We can't read minds.

8. Ravioli what?

I know I know. Was a bit un-serious with the last post, and as I said I had totally forgot about it.

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

Just to confirm, anyone with the 'Server Admin' rank and above can automatically block sprays. If you have access to any other game/service, you'll be able to block sprays.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

If server admins don't know this they probably shouldn't be server admins.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Gaw discord is my friend now

Your application is now in voting by senior staff, expect results in the next 24 hours!

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

You have been granted ULX Garry's Mod admin. At this time, we don't see an immediate need for you as a TF2 admin, but this is subject to change. Congratu

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  13. Well Done Cactus - good to see another Gmod admin, we don't have many!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Especially in these dark times.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Cactus has a blue name !?

My world is in disarray

(well done)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  16. That other guy got TF2 admin and all you got was gmod admin.

Well played GM, well played

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Gaw discord is my friend now

In light of recent events, you have been given TF2 admin! You can find all the required information within:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

18. why

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  19. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Definitely deserved, good job Cactus.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Good on you, you're definitely someone who deserves adminhood.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Late Late x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.gamingmasters.org cactus-application