Call of Duty 6

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bulletproof, 3 Jun 2009.

1. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: Call of Duty 6

Program has nothing to do with creative skills, I've seen amazing stuff done in paint.

Erik

2. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Pixel art > all.

3. Re: Call of Duty 6

that ´s what my post said.

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

Yes I read what you said again. :) Misunderstood your comparison of CS2 and CS3. My bad sorry.:bang:

Erik

5. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, here a interesting signature of a guy from ma fav. hardware forum =)

The world is seperated in 2 social classes. The underclass, that uses low-cost consoles, and the upper class, that is able to pay for high end graphics.

lolz ! ^^ Explains why there are people that call Gaylo3 the best games eva xD

6. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

:( Don't blame me :(

Blame the little knowledge I have using PS :(

7. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

:cry:

8. Fromage "The Cheese"

Not really. There are far less problems with a console than a PC fanboy can imagine. No viruses, no spyware, no HW issues (except RROD :D) etc. Even if you have the best PC that you can ever buy you will still end up with different problems because of the hardware and the PC in general.

Parents for instance prefarely buy a console for their kids if they don't have any technical knowledge or interest in computers. You probably buy a console becuase of a console exclusive game or simplicity and there is nothing wrong with that.

Having a big e-penis PC is nothing anyone care for tbh. :cop:

Erik

9. Re: Call of Duty 6

Ugh... Come on. I hate such stupid wars. :S
    Let's just love each other...PC gamers: Live in peace with console gamers.
    Console gamers: Live in peace with PC gamers. :dance:

@Fromage: Yup, but it's quite different than development for PC. And believe me, you'll done faster PC game than PS3 game. Also, you don't need "cracked" console or license to run your software. You don't have to pay $10,000 for SDK! Sweet, eh? :cop:

10. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Viruses, spyware and HW issues are only DAU's problem ;P (DAU, german: Dümmster Anzunehmender User = most stupid user you can imagine)

The only good thing about a console is: less price for the customer, and less work for the game coders, i agree ......

The only thing i would buy a console is for exlusives (last one was a Wii, still wanted to play newest Zelda & Co ... ). The only reason to buy another console would be MGS4 (and new Final Fantasy) @ PS3, and ..... nothing @ shitbox360. The most games that are only avaiable on one/both consoles are not really worth to buy them, because they are just the usual stuff you played x times before.

And i never ever could imagine to play a shooter with a pad, mouse/keyboard ftw.

11. Re: Call of Duty 6

Try telling that to 360 and ps3 fanboys XD

12. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

You dont know the (full) version of bibles genesis ?! ^^

"In the evening of the 7th day, god decided the world is too boring, so he created pain, hatred and war, and a little evil snake to bring it to mankind, to be entertained by his lovely underlings ;)"

;P

13. Re: Call of Duty 6

@apex: Yeah... That wouldn't be too easy. xD
    @Obaruler: Na, i don't know. :D Also i'm atheist, i don't believe in "god" and miracles. =D Well... Coding for 360 with XNA Game studio and C# isn't that hard...
    But yeah. I bought 360 because it's cheap and provides me entertainment that i want for REALLY cheap price comparing to PS3 and Wii.

E: My mate fell in love with PS3, now he does nothing but plays all day long. No friends, no PCs, no other systems. Only PS3 and "it's awesomness".

14. Fromage "The Cheese"

I get everything I need legal at work so I don't really mind the licensing. We all get xbox and ps3 test kits to test the work and coders use dev kits (have no idea what the difference is..)

I still dont understand why you guys only look @ peformence and such... If you could upgrade a console I guess it was compareable because now you guys just keep comparing a 3000$ pc against a 400$ console.. it's not really fair do you think? build a PC with the console specs/ buy the same games then compare peformance, voila! PC failed.

I'm not a console fanboy cause I never play it except during game developement but having flame wars like this is just lame. As I said in a previous post I bet consoles will be the main platform sooner or later for games since the PC became a warez platform. Just looking at some games I worked on the day 1 release it had over 30k active downloads on piratebay, so I assume people don't care for developers anymore. Guess i'll live on it til we legalize warezing.

Erik

15. Re: Call of Duty 6

Consoles are too proprietary, although this is not necessarily a bad thing.

16. Re: Call of Duty 6

Umm... Yeah, what about casual game studios without money, like Lime Entertainment?
    Development for PC is not expensive, or it's totally free. You don't care because you have everything for free. Have you ever thought what game developers that aren't working in such giants like EA are doing? How we're developing games? That's magic of working in company. You get everything you need for free, as employee. Here, we need to collect money to get something...
    That's the difference between us, you're full time employee... And i'm unemployeed.
    http://lime-entertainment.pl

E:
    Yeah, that's also magic of being employeed (also consumed).
    Before buying a game, i'm always downloading it from tpb to check it out. Demos that are released for ex. by EA aren't enough. And that's the problem of our industry. Yes, i'm not feeling bad if someone's downloading MY game to check it out before considering to buy it. Although, i'm releasing demos that are long and good enough for people, so they're not downloading full versions.

17. Re: Call of Duty 6

Holy shit, are you serious? :O

Makes me want to help in some way now :<

18. Re: Call of Duty 6

Yes Darkii. :) I'm serious. Now everyone's waiting for VALVe to come back from E3 here, hehe. :D
    // Or maybe, i'll send you link by steam.
    Check this out. It's typical NDA. I hope VALVe will not feel bad about me showing you this document. Lol. :cop:

19. Re: Call of Duty 6

I understand what your saying Bagno but without sounding like a dick, you did choose that career path and its just a touch of bad luck that your not employed by someone who will pay you a wage and give you the tools you need, to go develop a game.
    On another note, before I found fortune else where, when I left school, my preferred career choice was to get into the games industry and if I can remember right, I was told I had to pay £8000 for the course (and that was 9 years ago), which at the time I simply couldn't afford. So it is a bit of bullshit tbh.

Regarding your demo comment, I have played games now for over 20years and I have never had a problem with the length of any demo, the way I see it, if the game is good enough, it should grab you right away.

As an example:
    I downloaded the Infamous demo from the PSN yesterday and the demo is only about 15mins long max and guess what, as soon as I finished the demo, I couldn't stop thinking, shit I want to play some more of that. So I went straight to my local store and purchased it, the game is pretty wicked and the demo did it's job.

Congrats on the getting your game on Steam.

@Cheese: I think your comment on a single system in the near future is spot on.
    You can see it happening already, look at what the consoles can do now, to say what they could do 10 years ago.
    At the end of the year, the Xbox will have SkyTV and it already has on-demand HD movies. The PC is famous for being the preferred and best system for FPS and RTS, but with new motion controllers , outstanding cameras like Natal and touch screen technology getting better each year, eventually the mouse and keyboard will become a thing of the past. I can just see it now, you will have one box under your TV in your main living area and it will do everything from:

Record your favoutite TV programs and movies.
    Play all your favourite games via Digital Download.
    Play your favourite music.
    Go online to browse the web, make a video phone call, use IRC or voice clients.
    Save all your photos.
    and so on....

The gaming future for the PC doesnt really look good, to put it into perspective Half-Life 2, one of the, if not the greatest video game of all time has ONLY sold 4.13m worldwide, compare that to something like Wii Sports, which has sold 45.08m worldwide. Now I fucking hate the Wii with a passion but the figures dont lie.
    Now game developers are going to look at this and think fuck it, just make the game for consoles, will make more money.

20. Re: Call of Duty 6

@Danny:
    Agreed. But most people are crying about demo lenghts. ;) That's the common problem.
    PS. I'm 16, i can't be employeed.
    Damn it, i shouldn't even say anything in this thread. :D
    // Goes out.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)