Changes to the GM group

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Savage, 21 May 2014.

1. Hello everyone - as I'm sure you've noticed [GM] is undergoing some changes (most visibly in the changes to name colours see here.)

So, this thread is to give you a bit of background information. Back in February the Management began to discuss how best to move forward with our group. It was agreed that some key changes could be put in place to make our community better reflect those who are part of it, and a vote was put to the [GM] clan.

tl;dr: basically, we've moved on significantly from the old days where everyone played TF2 together. With little incentive to join the clan as anyone well known enough in the group could get all the benefits anyway these changes reflect how we operate much better.

The result was overwhelmingly in favour of change - therefore, as of immediately, we have disbanded the 'clan' and are instead a community of people that game together as a whole. We hope that this will empower people to feel like they can change things for the better and have more of a voice whilst here.

A couple of key things to note:

• Established members are free to wear the [GM] tag if they so wish (although there is no commitment)
    • 'Community admins' are now full 'server admins'
    • No more 'clan votes' - people are 'upgraded' as and when they're active enough within the community (although exact definitions of this have yet to be fully agreed)
    • Established members are automatically entitled to access to private servers (such as the Starbound private server)

If there are any questions please post them below and either @Dark, @Gaw, @Lord HellJack or myself will attempt to answer them as best we can. More changes may occur as we go along and find things that need to be changed, but for now this offers a bit of info for everyone to digest.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Another point: we've decided to remove LSA due to these changes. Anyone that wants specific admin for any of our servers should do so through an application to one of the managers!

Last edited: 21 May 2014
    • Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. I did this for you, Zana

3. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

What are community admins?

4. spidEY シスコン

People that had admin access, but weren't part of the clan.

5. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

If srs then they be admins that were not formerly a member of the clan but a community member.

6. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Can I have prophunt admin?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

How could you even think I wasn't being serious?
    Do you think I am a troll?

8. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I thought you may be asking as in, you knew what it meant, but there's only like on community admin, so you were playing on tat fact that they were unknown. I don't even know. It made sense in my head.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

how are some people established members as well as past members?

10. :frog:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  11. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

I'm just worried if they're in limbo

12. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Can I have a pink name now?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  13. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)