Civ V

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Queenie, 25 Sep 2016.

1. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Might be overkill to make a seperate thread bud didn't want to spam the other thread.

I was wondering if people liked starting with a specific map aka playing as a certain ruler and why.

Feel free to merge threads if needed but wasn't sure what to do.

2. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

To follow on to my post in the other one, I currently play using NQMod and Hellblazer's accompanying pangea map. I tend to follow the standard 6-man free for all multiplayer setup although its usually me and 5 AIs since people don't play much these days. I definitely recommend you check both the mod and the map out, adds some nice balance and strategy variety that is sorely lacking in the vanilla game. Can find more info at the subreddit /plug

For the question in OP: My favourite civ is probably the Aztecs, they suit my style of play extremely well and, thanks to the floating gardens, excel at 4-city tradition which is the strategy i'm most comfortable doing. I also like Japan a lot as they have a coastal start bias and NQMod has a couple of very strong fishing boat pantheons that work well for tradition or piety openers, which I much prefer to liberty. As for maps, I play pretty much exclusively on Hellblazer's pangea map (in games with 6 civs) pretty much, as the mod is based on balancing games of this size and on this map.

Am always up for multiplayer (as long as you don't go full Dark on your time per turn), so just shout at me on steam if you ever want to get one going.

3. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Only thing that ruined it for me was MC, fuckin jammy little cunt.

4. I play as England a lot of the time - I like their maritime dominance in the mid game and I enjoy the sea start bias. If I don't play as England I often play as Austria so that I can assimilate the best city states through marriage! Muahaha!

5. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

My experience with GM is that people get really competive and salty when things don't go as they would like. I am nowhere near able to play against others so I wont even try.

6. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Earth map, England and settler difficulty.

Fulfilling certain... "dreams" of mine.

7. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

For the record, even if i'd allowed you to take that capital, you had screwed your economy/happiness beyond repair. So what actually happened with that horseman snipe was that I put you down rather than watch you slowly die, it was mercy :^)

8. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

For the record, you're a fuckin jammy little cunt.

9. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

What I was wondering is in how many turns people usually end the game. Or do people not really care about the amount of turns and research everything etc?

10. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

I generally care but I suspect i'm in a minority here. It depends heavily on difficulty too though and there a lot of factors out of your hands each game. In the end a win is a win, so the only thing you really need to worry about is your position compared to the other civs rather than your position against the clock.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)