Civilization VI

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Queenie, 25 Sep 2016.

1. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

So I started playing Civ V and it was confusing in the beginning I am getting the hang of it (teeny tiny bit). But the newest Civ is to be released on October the 21st and I was wondering who else would might be getting it and of people would like to play together. Not necessarily against each other but for shiggles.

Edit
    I might wanna add that I am really liking it too. Hahah

Last edited: 25 Sep 2016
  2. I really loved Civ 5 - I'm going to get Civ 6 as soon as I get a jahb and can buy such beautiful things! But I'll definitely be up for some games once I do!

3. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Unsure if I can run it on my laptop and got final year and job taking up a lot of time this term so I'm 50/50 on whether to get it now or once it goes on sale.

4. Don't know if you've seen the specs:

Minimum:

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greater
    MEMORY: 4GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 12GB or more
    DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
    VIDEO CARD: 1GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or nVidia 450)

Recommended:

PROCESSOR: Fourth generation Intel Core i5 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX8350 4.0 Ghz or greater
    MEMORY: 8GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 12GB or more
    DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
    VIDEO CARD: 2GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater)

5. i really loved civ, the only thing that ruined it for me was large games and time taken when there wer eso many people doing their turns, or one person would forget to press the next turn button or something (joel). shit drove me absolutely insane

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Mad Mad x 1
    • List
  6. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Only thing that ruined it for me was MC, fuckin jammy little cunt.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Mad Mad x 1
    • List
  7. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I remember that so I thought maybe most of us can do our own games but still be in the same channel and have some fun.

8. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Unsurprisingly i'll be getting it on release. I had holiday days to burn so i've got the week after release off work too and over 50% of those days will probably be Civ6 days. Me and Spuds planned to play a fair bit around release (give or take some BF1 time) and anyone is welcome to join, the more the merrier.

In the meantime, if people ever want to play civ5, i'll nearly always be up for it (providing you spend 30 seconds installing NQMod).

9. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

10. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Last edited: 25 Sep 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Yup that one (and subreddit), basically a balance mod focused on competetive multiplayer. I've been using it for maybe 6 months now, definitely recommend using it for both multiplayer and singleplayer.

12. Cactus The key is to never give up

Anytime im winning early people leave

2/10 game

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Yeh looked at them earlier, only got 1.8Ghz Processor in this laptop so I think I'd be pushing it

14. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

But you're never winning

15. I have a 1.8Ghz dual core on my laptop (with a 750m graphics card) - if I end up getting it then I'll test it on my laptop and let you know how it gets on :)

16. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

I realy loved Civ V, played it so much with my bf. And i'm thinking about to buy Civ VI and play with you guys if you don't mind :>

17. Oooohhh we're getting close! Only a couple of weeks to go and I'll be marching forth into lands unknown! I don't think I've been this excited about a game in a fair while - hopefully it'll be good from the get go :D

18. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I hope I have my pc back b4 then!!

19. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Guys, what do I do with these textures? ._.
    UPD: just renewed my drivers it's ok now

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  20. Tested it out on my laptop - specs:

Processor: Core i7 4500u (dual core, so basically a glorified i5) 1.8GHz - (info here)
    RAM: 16GB
    Graphics: Nvidia 750M 2GB GDDR5 (similar performance to the AMD 5570 which is stated as the lowest recommended graphics)

It still looks fantastic - even though it's on "low" [EDIT: Should say that it was also at 1080p] - and it was very playable and smooth. However, the time it took to process turns turns did take quite a while (like, up to 30-40 seconds to process everyone towards the mid-end of the game on a large map) which was a little frustrating and probably because of the slower processor.

I think you'd still get loads of enjoyment out of it, but it may not be a risk you're willing to take for the slow down between turns.

On a separate note: the barbarians are absolutely brutal and will end you/ all you love!

Last edited: 22 Oct 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)