Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Th-, 20 Mar 2009.

1. Th-

Re: Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

There are less than 10, and they are all official maps. You'll get used to them pretty fast.

2. Re: Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

Yeah and you don't need to play the maps a whole lot either if you stick to your main classes. Most tf2 maps are pretty easy to "get", but it's a bit harder to "get" them for every single class (like knowing all snipe spots, pyro flanking spots, scouting shortcuts, medkits, ammo kits, etc.) That takes a few times on the map.

With the exception of cp_steel, which is a really complicated map and can take quite a while to get used to.
    I don't know if this is played in matches though (never seen it being played in one anyway)

3. Th-

May I congratulate and thank all the people helping us is this effort of populating server #4 ^^, well done

It is now relatively easy to fill the rotation during the nights after 1900 gmt, usually taking about 30 minutes to go from 1 to ~20 players. The most popular maps seem to be Goldrush, Badwater, Badlands, Steel, Granary. The least popular maps appear to be Well and Freight, which tend to empty the server.

Now that we have achieved the level of regular games on #4, we should try keeping it populated more than the 3-4 most popular maps (and tweak the maplist a bit ofc), so play the new maps and learn their tricks. We reached a nice milestone but are not quite on the desired level yet (as popular as #3)

Keep thinking about the aspects that make a fun rotation experience
    - a competent medic and a strong set of main offensive classes
    - communication

WP, and see you ingame

4. Knud Phat beats only

Maybe we can add more focus on the CTF maps? I mean, with the new scout stuff, it does make sense a bit.
    I know 2fort is old, but I remember having a lot of fun with that.

5. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

hmm nice that it worked out, well is really awefull, and so is gravelpit, freight i dont have so thats a no-go.
    other maps are quite fine for me, and i luv goldrush and badwater :) just like dustbowl xD.

6. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

:O, gravelpit sux ass, and for adding 2fort, i say yes, its a lol map.

7. Re: Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

Gravelpoot is epic. 2Fort will not be appearing on rotation :/

8. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

your opinion, maybe if the serv was full, when only aroudn 8 players or less its quite boring.
    and why no 2fort?

9. Re: Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

2Fort is a dreadful map, it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever and just ends up with both sides camping their own intel for 30 minutes. The rotation server is supposed to host match maps anyway - 2Fort isn't a match map. I don't understand why Well and Freight aren't so popular, they're both brilliant maps :/

10. Re: Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

engineer spam fest. :mrgreen:

I had some good spy memories, pawning teh engineers. working on their nerves. :P

+1 wat piss sed

11. Th-

I believe that Well is not popular because of the distances which tax old hardware, and the terrain that requires organized teamplay to prevent flanking and backcapping.

I haven't seen any reason for Freight to be unpopular other than its not an official map and hence takes time to DL.

12. Re: Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

That freight thing is a big factor. If you give it time more people will start to just download it though.

I don't know why people don't like Well either. The fact that backcapping there is so easy i what makes it so fun! Besides, badlands is even more suited for backcapping ...

13. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Freight, lots of download time i dont wanna wait for.

well, its a too big map, thats always laggy for me, and sometimes its just like : < red caps a points, blue caps a point > repeat !

14. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

If you just download it from the Internet, it goes wwaaayyy faster than in-game... So I recommend doing that

15. Knud Phat beats only

And what about turbine? I think that one can be fun too and less engie camping I guess.

I only played freight one time and I don't even recall who it was like, but I'm open to give it another try :)

16. Ray

I've been on rotation quite a lot in the past weeks and I've enjoyed it a lot. It's definitely a breath of fresh air from Dbowl. People should try it out, nothing to lose :)

17. Re: Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

Sure?! I lose almost always :? :oops: :cry:

18. Ray

Heads up. #4 is down atm.

19. Re: Community effort to make server #4 as popular as #3 Dustbowl

For real Engi limit 0 on the rotation,this is retarded.Engie really locks out classes like scout or anything

20. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Engie 0 makes new ppl go away. IMO it should be 2/3 on rotation AND 3/4 on payload

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)