Consider a new PC - need input

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fromage, 16 Jul 2009.

1. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: Consider a new PC - need input

Yes but the site is in danish kronor, right? 1 danish = 1,48 swedish

1963:- danish kronor = 2900 swedish kronor, and what did my cost? 2900 something.... ;)

If you want to compare the absolutely cheapest prices in sweden go to www.prisjakt.nu and search. You will definitly find better prices for each component but I don't want to buy it from 10 different places + lots of shipping fees.

Erik

2. Re: Consider a new PC - need input

Nps.. in my mind... when the DKK is worth more than the Swedish Kr.. i would be able to buy it in sweden cheaper than in Denmark.. but its the same money i should pay no matter what.. i find that very weird

3. Fromage "The Cheese"

God bless currency rates. :) Wish I would put more cash on my paypal account when 1 USD was like 5 kronor, now its up to like 8kr/USD.

Erik

4. Re: Consider a new PC - need input

My mom and dad just brought a summerhouse in Sweden.. and i cant even buy cheaper hardware.. thats sad :(

5. Knud Phat beats only

@ Cheese, that is a nice balanced system. Any X58 mobo you buy today is good enough for your need.

As to the Asrock discussion.. Asrock is the Asus budget brand.

And Sweden has 25% VAT, If I'm correct.

6. Fromage "The Cheese"

Thanks Knud and I really appreciate the help you gave me on steam about the new system specs. :) Yes sweden has 25% VAT on hardware stuff (12% on food and 5-8% on books I think) so the hardware stuff tend to be very expensive (because the default price itself is high... hehe)

Erik

7. Re: Consider a new PC - need input

Cool, never knew that :)

8. Fromage "The Cheese"

Old PC came back today, will pick it up later today. Will be interesting to see what they did, I have no idea since they never contacted me. Should work fine though. :)

Erik

9. Re: Consider a new PC - need input

For the graphic card: DO NOT CHOOSE ATI IT SUCKS! (not that your buying it but its just an advise)
    If you choose ATI, all your HL2/HL games will crash in some minutes playing it.

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

OK! Got the pc here now (not tested yet) and the debug paper says that they changed my GPU card... my main concern now is... I'm pretty sure I got a worse card than I used to have. I got this http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=386866&view=detailed#ProductTabs now and I had http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=327248&view=detailed#ProductTabs .

Its Radeon 4850 vs geforce 8800gtx. By reading the specs the ATI is better at some and worse at some. Should I call them and complain or be fine with it? The computer is bought back in 2007, 3 year warranty. They already changed motherboard once (probably got a worse there too..) so maybe I shouldn't complain? Fast service and all that.. it's a shame though if they don't change components equally good.

Erik

11. Re: Consider a new PC - need input

True but for gaming ATI fails...

12. Fromage "The Cheese"

I got owned huh? haha. Well I'm not going to ship it back thats for sure. I looked at some specs and by judging those they are somewhat the same, some small things that differs. Im just worried that 3D apps will work shite because of the ATI card.. Oh well, we'll see! :)

Edit. This is the one i got, sorry! http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=364975

Its called IceQ 4 so it's a bit better even. People seem to like it. :)

Erik

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Na, the Radeon HD4850 is faster than the 8800 GTX -> http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/...hd_4850_rv770/20/#abschnitt_performancerating (Its a german Hardware site, but you dont have to speak german to read the Performancerating ^^ )

But ye, i agree .... Ati failz hard, i hate the drivers >_>

Ye, Asus .... had good experiences with it as well ...... until my MoBo died together with my PSU 2 months ago for no reasons xD (I think the PSU just killed the MoBo while dying ..)

14. Re: Consider a new PC - need input

I have had an ati card for a while now and no proplems with drivers. My next card will be ati unless nvidia brings out somthing special.

15. Re: Consider a new PC - need input

ATI aren't that bad - they just share AMD's strange taboo.

(not an ATI or AMD user)

16. Knud Phat beats only

Source pls?

That is a nice card. The only thing, the 4850 has "only" 512 mb or memory, the 8800GTX has 768MB. But on a (let's say) <22" screen, you will not notice that.
    And that IceQ 4 is a silent cooler too.
    So, you are not really owned at all :)

How is your new pc doing?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)