Crits?

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Geit, 15 May 2009.

?

Crits?

Poll closed 22 May 2009.
  1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: Crits?

So ........ (hope i got it) :

It is still completly random-based if you get a critical hit or not, but you can push your chance of geting them with causing a high ammount of damage on the enemy ...... which means: It's still pure randomness.

It doesnt matter if your chance is just the basic 2% or if you have pushed it with some kills @ 12%, in the end the fortune is deciding *yay* -.- .......

And NO, 12% through kills instead of 2% doesnt mean, that you could change anything just through "being good", if you had any intelligent math teachers in your life, they would have explained you, that statistics or "chances" are still fail and only work in math calculations. If it comes to an "all or nothing"-situation its nothing about luck, because there is just 1 case that matters ....

12% chance means, that (theoratical) you have a chance of 1:8,33.. that you get you crit .... in the theory. In fact, you just can have bad luck and you fail 8 times (or more), its just the theoratical possibilty that has grown .... in fact, it can still happen that you can have "more luck" with the basic 2% chance and can still get your critical hit with the very first shot you do - it may happen not that many times, but it can still happen. Which means in conclusion that the whole crit-system is still nothing but randomness -> It explains, why some people (our beloved but pissed maxi for example) sometimes NEVER get crits and have to see, that other guys seem to get them every minute - allthough they both caused the same ammount of damage to the enemy and had the same (theoratical) chance of geting critz.

All in all: Random critz are FAIL -.-'

2. Re: Crits?

Lol that reminds me ... a few days ago when playing Spy, just as I ran past a Soldier, he decided to rocketjump ... and it was a random crit.

I mean you can have bad luck that you get a crit rocket in your face ... but a random crit rocket that wasn't even aimed at anyone is just plain bad luck.

Also as I mentioned in my first post already, I really don't see how people could get motivated to get better by having random crit kills. In fact it's quite the opposite ... Most people that like crits (I said most, not everyone) rely so much on them that they won't bother to actually play better. Why would you want to become better when the game does the work for you through random dices?!

The people that genuinely want to become better at the game are the ones who prefer the game without crits, so it's 100% skill based gameplay. Again, there are obviously exceptions, so don't complain if you're not one of those people.

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I've got nothing against not having crits because it wont effect me, my main 2 classes at the moment are spy and sniper. :awesome:

I was just saying that it is one of the few things that makes tf2... well tf2.

4. Re: Crits?

SAY NO TO RANDOM CRITS

that is all, thank you

5. Fromage "The Cheese"

I don't think the demospammers should have a saying on this topic! (like you and Oba) That class is even more luck than the crits themselves. ^^

Erik

6. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

I say yes to keep the game as it is because it is better original then getting redesigned on servers :)

7. Re: Crits?

wat ^

8. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Y'all biatches know what I think, but if you really absolutely must turn them off somewhere, leave them on on #3 would ya?

Have to say I don't entirely relate to the standpoint which says a crit kill is an unfair kill..you have the same chance to get crits as anyone else (more or less) so..actually..if you just factor that in as a game affector (which it is) then I think it's still basically a fair fight.

9. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

random crits = noob.

10. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  11. Re: Crits?

no its not beau, as soon as a random factor comes to make the difference in a game, it is by any standards "= noob".

12. Re: Crits?

you offend me, cheese :(

13. Fromage "The Cheese"

Yes! You kill me way too often and the only times I get to kill you is when you sucidekill me. I hate demomen! :(

Erik

14. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

This is why spy is such a nice class to play.

15. Re: Crits?

Did I hear "Cancer random crits" just now? ;p

16. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Harharhar,ya cant beat the Spam-o-man !!!!!

17. Re: Crits?

almost... ;)

That happend only recently!!!! XDDD
    Epic games though back there :p

18. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

spamoman should have 10% on reverse crit, so that you take less dmg :P

19. Re: Crits?

That's my tactic to kill a lot of Demomen/Soldiers. If you know you can't get away from them, just go hug them and let them blow themselves up with you :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)