CS:GO is available...

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive' started by Cookies4you, 8 Aug 2012.

1. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

2. Cactus The key is to never give up

People are getting this, right?

3. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'd be up for a 4 pack.

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

Holding off on getting this tbh, for the minute I prefer the mods available for CS:S, Zombie Escape, Surf etc. I don't really enjoy the stock gameplay of CS:GO.

5. Zetsumei Spaceman

yeah i was not overly impressed with cs:go

6. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Personally kinda over Counter Strike

7. Cactus The key is to never give up

Purchased a copy.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  8. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Purchased... nothing.

(No rush)

9. Just bought it

Hopefully they have a linux server available for the open beta, haven't checked yet

10. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

They'd be fools not to.

11. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Worth 11 euros? Is it good or just a ripoff?

12. The game works and it is very solid. I played a few hours of the competitive gamemode. It's been given a very nice facelift with some minor mechanic changes. I will say that it feels more "accessible" than CS:S or CS1.6, and perhaps overall less hardcore. Firing is easier on the move, the weapons don't feel as heavy when recoil ramps up, the AK doesn't feel anywhere near as devastating in the right hands, bloom/fog effects make it difficult for players with keen eyes to properly aim across the map. There's certainly a ton less camping round corners and lining up shots, but then that may be indicative of the COD crowd moving in or something.

Game completely lacks the kill satisfaction of CS:S too, no "donk" headshot. For me, CS:S does all this already and still looks relatively nice, so I decided not to buy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  13. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Didnt Global Offensivehave some sort of matchmaking which only let you play against players with the same skill level as you? Maybe you can get the 'hardcore' feel when playing against highly skilled players.
    I havent decided if I should buy it yet, I own CS:S but never got into it because everyone was far better than me and was almost impossible for me to have fun this way, but with this matchmaking I might have more fun.

14. It has got an ELO system indeed, so I was probably playing with people at a lower skill bracket. Saying that, it's telling when people from a low skill bracket can run and gun effectively, popping headshots with AK47s at full speed, when in CS:S tactics like that get you killed FAST by someone who doesn't panic with good aim.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Unlike CSS and CS1.6 I actually enjoy this game in modes other than gungame

16. Well from the sounds of it they are successfully reaching a different audience. Mission accomplished for them, but I can just see where this game sits in the series in terms of "hardcoreness" - it's clearly the easiest game of the 3, so why would CS players looking for a real hardcore Counterstrike experience enjoy this over CS1.6 (the hardest) or CS:S (now the middleground but still far more difficult).

17. Fuck the hardcore players, if they can put up with the graphics and gameplay of cs1.6 then good for them

18. That's exactly what I said, and exactly why I said I didn't buy the game, so thanks for agreeing haha.

If you don't like classic Counterstrike as a CONCEPT then CS:GO is absolutely 100% worth £10.

19. Cactus The key is to never give up

MC and I keep trying to get in via a friends lobby but everytime we connect it says server full. This is a wizard system.

20. Yeah it's fucking dumb

64 slot servers like ours should be easier to join

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)