CS:GO Server

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive' started by Savage, 18 Apr 2016.

1. So, here's the thing. As @Dogling mentioned (and others agreed) we're a bit stagnant as of late. This is possibly because many of us are in our final year at uni, or busy with other life events, so we just stick to the usual games and don't interact much.

A suggestion was made that a CS:GO server could help revitalise the community somewhat and bring in some new faces.

Mr Meh suggested: Cs server could still be a kz server or surf server, or DM server or Retake server there is plenty of options if you wanted to make a server. Surf or kz would not require people, DM/retake would only work if people actually populate the servers. Do a mix of KZ/surf and I will live on that server.

So, Meh is willing to engage the server and get it populated, and I'm guessing that the other people that play CS:GO would be too.

So I suppose that at this point it's up to @Dark to decide whether it's an addition he'd like to include in our roster of servers.

Are there any suggestions or things we should know about if a server is set up? I've personally not played CS:GO so I'm quite in the dark about it as a whole!

• Like Like x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  2. Bae.

Can (if possible) get a Surf/KZ map and a Retake/1v1/Deathmatch server. I love playing both of them.

and this (humble brag) is a pretty good idea just due to the fact there is just an ungodly amount of people who are playing CS right now.

If we get a deathmatch server, no bullshit plugins and 128 tick are a must. Tired of shitty servers with too many plugins. Also no one will play a DM server that's not at least above 60 tick (which is the tick rate for valve servers)

Same with 1 on 1 maps/retakes needs to be 128 tick or no one will play them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. KZ and Surf both have mods I think you can install with like global ranking and tpmenu. The reason this server is easier is because it's a solo activity surfing or doing jump maps. Problem with Retake and DM servers is that if less than 5 people play on it I honestly personally wouldn't join it and even then I usually would want more people than that cause DM is all about a quick warmup with constant duels against real people, so if half of them are bots or just no one on the server you're gonna run around a lot and not get to do any duels essentially.

DM would require at least 10 people I think for people to join, there is no quickplay that would lead them to our servers, they would have to go find the server from the server browser ingame themselves so I honestly think DM is a bit optimistic. Retake doesn't require more than 4 people or so to be functioning so that's realistic. Again KZ and Surf are solo activities so you can be alone on the server and it would be fine.

KZ/Surf or retake would be my best guesses

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

I think theirs still the issue of source shitting the bed and crashing all the servers? @Dark

5. Locust The Great Yeelord

Personally would love a 1v1 or retake server and ofc I would always invite people over if I were on the server at the time. It's a little like the TTT server where we would just invite randomers to the server if it was feeling a bit empty. As dog said 128tick servers are the best simply because of the hitboxes being more accurate. Finally if it does turn out that a 1v1 server is going to be established, then myself and others can easily suggest maps that can be played (personally would recommend the inferno maps such as mid and banana) So pls Darkā€¦ PLS MAKE THIS A THING ^_^

6. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Why not just stick a few servers up? It's not like we have any players on the majority of ours at the minute.

Make a surf server. Don't mix it with kz. If you want kz, make a kz server.

Make a no bullshit 128 tick dm server.

If you want to add a few more, 1v1 arena is fun and then retakes or whatever the fuck else.

7. Retakes would be better than a DM but I want a DM bois

8. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

im terrible at csgo but i do enjoy a fly around a surf map

9. Retake and 1v1 servers are servers made to improve people who play the game proper like. Surf does help you with movement as does kz but pls I ned to improv

10. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Shoot more people

11. Halmoos The unseen doge, is the deadliest.

I see what you did there @Savage

DM server with 128 and no stupid plugins would be great but having the players to join might be a bit difficult
    I don't know what kz/surf is, but if its like jump things I like them and support making one.

12. Not a big fan of KZ, but that's just because watching those overjiggly strafe jumps make my head hurt.
    (Also I think it has a way higher skill required to start playing it for fun)

Would definitely play on a GM retake/dm or duel server! Some of those have elo/rating plugins. Not sure if
    you guys think those are already too much of a bulshit clutter plugin but I think those would add to people
    possible returning to the server. As said, with these options 128 tick would be cool.

For surf and kz obviously a timer/leaderboard and kz needs that checkpoint/teleport plugin.
    Would surely play on them!

13. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

All up for Duel servers and DM servers.

I am shite at surfing, so a surf server would greatly help me in improving my skills!

14. 128 tick is required in any case 64 tick is just a waste of time.
    Retake/Arena(1v1)/KZ/Surf are all 4 different servers I could see working, I really really reallly really really really doubt a DM server would ever see the population it would need to be a DM server worth shit. I really have hard time seeing a DM server every doing anything

DM server in theory would be cool but I just see it as highly unlikely that they would have players. Again either most people are more casual at the game and use the Valve servers 64 tick for Deathmatch or they go to some 128tick server hosted by someone to get better players, more optimized servers and better practice. Most of the people who go to these servers already have purchased reserved slots on servers like BrutalCS (which is a group that has like 40 servers, at least 20 of them being DM and 5 retakes or more 5 arenas etc.) I don't see anyone suddenly going to an unknown DM Server when several known providers have them established and a playerbase established so their servers are almost always full, why would they join a DM server even with 4 people on it?

Last edited: 20 Apr 2016
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Any news?

Don't just brush it under the rug lads

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List

16. I'm currently super busy with dissertation work and I know Dark is busy at work what with the recent release of the graphical update - I've not forgotten but it may take a few weeks until we're in a position to sort something (and I'm hoping we can)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

literally just tried retake seems like fun :) only requires a small amount of people

18. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

The 1v1 server sounds good, love playing those right before a competitive game

19. Hello everyone! I wanted to give everyone an update now that a lot of 'life events' are out of the way.

We've started the process of creating databases, gathering maps and have started to get the ball rolling. Hopefully over the course of the next few weeks we will be able to start pulling things together into a working server.

In the mean time if you have any ideas or suggestions please continue to add them to this thread/ PM me/ talk to me on mumble and we can see if they are viable options to add in!

Cheers

20. I would like to put myself up for Extreme Overlord of all CS-GO servers

:^)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)