Damage and voice messed up

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Raeqn, 4 Sep 2012.

1. Raeqn Banned

I logged into orange today and found that my voice was really high pitched and I'm dealing something like 10% damage.

I'm pretty sure its related to the plugin which makes the admins tiny. I still take full damage and my character model is the same, but my damage and voice is messed up. I think I'm the only one on the server with the problem and I have no idea why its happening to me.

But yeah, could a admin fix this somehow please, because I can't play at the moment.

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Yep, you're spot on; people randomly have high voices and low damage, or low voices and high damage. This can be fixed for some by rejoining, and for all by resizing. The problem is, only managers have access to the resize commands (I guess - at least, I don't).

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Yeah, that is the Resize Player mod.

All that needs to be done is someone with access to the dedi to disable the "sm_resize_damage" function in the mod and we'll be golden.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Raeqn Banned

Yeah I left and rejoined and it didn't work. One of the admins told me to restart TF2 so I did and it still didn't work, so I'm kinda lost at what to do.

Aha fair enough, in the meantime is there anything I can do to fix it?

5. Changed

6. Raeqn Banned

Thank you

o7

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Thanks Dark.

Unfortunately, I can't really play Baby Anything anymore. With the damage not scaled back for smaller sized players, it's just not fun to be a Baby Heavy and have to work for your kills.

8. It's only fun when youre overpowered?

9. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

No, underpowered.

It used to be that when you resized a player to smaller than their normal scale, their damage would scale back as well.

It was a riot being Baby Heavy and having a Minigun that only did 1 point of damage per bullet. I had to make sure my opponent was stunned with the Holiday Punch before I tried to take them down.

But, due to a glitch where some people would log in and the plugin would think they were smaller for some reason, it would scale back their damage done and give them a higher pitched voice.

Now, without the damage scale functionality...you do full damage at any size. So a tiny heavy will do the same amount of damage as a normal one.

That's what makes it no fun. It's no challenge.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Harv Admiral Anchovy

NOOOO not Baby Heavy :(

11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well, I did have a thought last night.

Not knowing how the plugin is coded, would it be possible to set permission based levels of Resize capabilities?

Such as:

Any Clan Member can resize all players to the base of 1. That should alleviate the issue of Players logging in and having their voice and damage scaled wrong. It would just require the command

Code:
    /sm_resize @all 1

Sever Admins could have the access to scale Players up and make them larger.

Managers could have full access, as it stands right now.

And like all other commands, a lower rank can't target a Member with a higher one. Just like /kick and /slay.

Is this at all possible?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Mhm, what would be the problem with everyone - every single player, not only clan members and up - having access to resize people to 1, if any?

Good idea though!

13. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Admins start having some fun with the plugin, normal player resizes everyone back to normal...

14. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

But:

15. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I'm against letting Community Members have access to any of the server commands.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • List
  16. Updated to a version that fixes the join issue, but I'm not turning on the damage shit by default and honestly would rather see the plugin removed but whatever floats your boat

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my voice is messed up

2. my is my voice messted up