Danny MIA here is the reason why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Danny, 24 Mar 2009.

1. Danny MIA here is the reason why?

My PC is dying, and I was wonderin if anyone can help me diagnose the problem!

Here are the symptoms:

I have been on my PC all day yesterday but late last night, this happened!

The problem is that the screen freezes, I cant do anything when I try any of these move my mouse, Ctrl+Alt+Delete or press the windows key nothing happens.
    Now when I restart my PC the BIOS stops on "Detecting Hard Drives" and stays there, and detects nothing.
    But when I switch off my PC completely and leave it a few minutes and then turn it back on again the hard drives are detected?
    Then after a while the screen freeze again and this has been going on now since late last night.

I have now replaced my Drive with a new one WD Raptor and installed Windows fresh and the problem still persists, so what is it, is it my Mobo ? my PSU or my RAM ?

Anyone help?

Thanks
    Danny

posting on my iphone!!!

2. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: Danny MIA here is the reason why?

hmm.. I'm no hardware geek but it sounds like RAM to me. Can you access to any of the disks on another PC? Do you have more than 1 memory stick in your PC? If you do, remove everyone except for 1, and try them all that way. Best thing would be if you had different parts to try with... like changing CPU, then RAM, then disk... etc. otherwise it might be the mobo yes, but it's better to look at the component first (i think..)

Erik

3. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

installing on a new drive works?
    well, installing takes RAM, and later in the graphic envir. it gets fucked?
    I think its mobo, But I'm a noob on this area.

(P.S. you got an ASUS?)

4. Re: Danny MIA here is the reason why?

Try reflashing/upgrading the BIOS and run some memory tests.

5. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Wuzzabout overheating? Don't underestimate those vibrating little fools :P

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Speedfan was a free tool I got on my old machine which told me where my problem lay..difficult to work out which sensor is which but at least you get some free readings :)

6. Knud Phat beats only

Try to run "memtest86" first and see if your memory is OK.
    Then if possible, do some HDD "S.M.A.R.T." read-out (In windows if possible :? )

If those are okay, try to connect your HDD ('s ?) to another PC and see if they work ok there.

Can you try another SATA port, just to be sure?

And what mobo you have? (I remember you wanted to buy a brand new pc?)

7. Re: Danny MIA here is the reason why?

It all sorted now fellas, one of my SSD drives became corrupted somehow!

8. Knud Phat beats only

Not that it helps, but I had the same issue at work, had 3 SSD drives, brand new and one of them was DOA..., so nasty.... :shock:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)